Bar grove and cover cleaning tool

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
Here is the bar grove cleaner and cover brush I found after years of looking for one. The metal cleaning hook had to be ground down a bit to fit in the baby sized groove in all my saws. Who can guess what these brush's are really made for?? :unsure: First photo is one in my saw box and I have like 6 of these.
P1140350.jpg
P1140352.jpg

Last edited:
   / Bar grove and cover cleaning tool #2  
I use a rigid copper wire of 12 gauge etc. to make a good bar grove cleaning tool.

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool #5  
What so you use to clean out the cover?
Darn it......I've never thought about cleaning out the rigid Stihl plastic cover........Hum-m-m-

Cheers and Happy New Year.
Mike

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool
When I went through sawyer school they talked about the importance of cleaning out the bar grove of debris and getting that cover saw chip muck out to help it get out of there. That little brush has been nice and I use it every time the cover comes off..

They have them on Amazoie for $8. I get the blue one for better visibility.
610n5OEwSHL._AC_SL1201_.jpg

/ Bar grove and cover cleaning tool #7  
Use the end of my raker gage or a hacksaw blade and compressed air to clean the crap from under the clutch cover as well as the bar groove. I run Carleton roller nose (replaceable) bar ends that are greaseable.... and I flip my bars over each time I put on a new sharpened loop.

Use the end of my raker gage or a hacksaw blade and compressed air to clean the crap from under the clutch cover as well as the bar groove. I run Carleton roller nose (replaceable) bar ends that are greaseable.... and I flip my bars over each time I put on a new sharpened loop.
We rarly get to clean out saws at home.

To add, this is the saw supply box that goes into the field with us.
saw box9833_n.jpg