Banking… how things have changed

/ Banking… how things have changed #191  
For all the technology and policies used to protect banks from paying out money to the wrong people, they still manage to lose a heck of a lot of money making really, really stupid loans.

/ Banking… how things have changed #192  
I miss (slightly) rolling coins in wrappers. Throughout my youth I had coin rolls on my dresser, from pennies to half-dollars, gradually filling them up and cashing them in. In the early years it was money from collecting soda bottles along the roadside, 2 cents at a time. Then over the years it became pocket change.
Now with 6 grandchildren we have a line of piggy banks on the mantel that get fed.

/ Banking… how things have changed #194  
For all the technology and policies used to protect banks from paying out money to the wrong people, they still manage to lose a heck of a lot of money making really, really stupid loans.
Most of those are encouraged, if not actually mandated, by the Federal government.

/ Banking… how things have changed #195  
You're right about that. Some of the people have changed over time, but when I first started going there I didn't even have to tell them my account number.
I'll bet that's just more "small town" than credit union-specific. I've been banking at the same local bank for 18 years now and no one asks me for credentials there either.