Banking… how things have changed

/ Banking… how things have changed #181  
Interesting. The last time I brought in rolled coins had to be 15+ yrs ago and the teller said they had to be loose and they would run them through their coin counter machine. So they tore them all out of the wrappers I spent so much time filling. <sigh>
I never get enough coins anymore to worry about that much. I have a pint jar of coins is about it. And that has been filling up for years now.

/ Banking… how things have changed #182  
They might run it through their machine but have told me that it has to be rolled.
The last time I wanted to deposit coins they needed to be rolled, plus have your name & account # on each roll. I guess so it you did fill it with washers they'd know who did it.
Not worth the trouble, I'll just use the Coinstar machine.

/ Banking… how things have changed #183  
The last time I wanted to deposit coins they needed to be rolled, plus have your name & account # on each roll. I guess so it you did fill it with washers they'd know who did it.
Not worth the trouble, I'll just use the Coinstar machine.
I like rolling change. There's something about watching it pile up until there's enough to turn it in.. One winter I rolled a half gallon of pennies in a counter I had made, drilling into a 2x4 then slicing it open and marking where a full roll would fall.
I was renting a room for the winter and my indoor activity was limited...

/ Banking… how things have changed #184  
Interesting. The last time I brought in rolled coins had to be 15+ yrs ago and the teller said they had to be loose and they would run them through their coin counter machine. So they tore them all out of the wrappers I spent so much time filling. <sigh>
I never get enough coins anymore to worry about that much. I have a pint jar of coins is about it. And that has been filling up for years now.
I don't get that many coins either and I look carefully at each one i do get. I'm keeping most of the ones I have because I expect at some point coins may completely go away.

/ Banking… how things have changed #185  
I don't get that many coins either and I look carefully at each one i do get. I'm keeping most of the ones I have because I expect at some point coins may completely go away.
About the most action my coin jar saw was when my daughter was in college and needed quarters for the laundry machines. She cleaned those out and it now sits with mostly small change and almost no quarters. Maybe some day i will bring it in and get 10 bucks or whatever for it...

/ Banking… how things have changed #186  
Last two banks I used, I asked do you have any hidden charges, answer was no. They always managed to charge me 5, 10 or 20 bucks for some reason.

Early 90's I switched to Credit Union and no more hidden charges ever. The one I have now I can get 10k without using my ID. They don't ask any stupid questions.

/ Banking… how things have changed #187  
Last two banks I used, I asked do you have any hidden charges, answer was no. They always managed to charge me 5, 10 or 20 bucks for some reason.

Early 90's I switched to Credit Union and no more hidden charges ever. The one I have now I can get 10k without using my ID. They don't ask any stupid questions.
I’m guessing it’s because they know you. I would guess I would have to show my ID to get $10,000 from your account

/ Banking… how things have changed #188  
I’m guessing it’s because they know you. I would guess I would have to show my ID to get $10,000 from your account
You're right about that. Some of the people have changed over time, but when I first started going there I didn't even have to tell them my account number.

A few years ago I went to the next town for shopping etc. Only time I ever forgot my wallet, no DL or carry permit. I wasn't sure what to do, because I needed money for groceries. I called myself a dummy and went to the CU and got some cash. Nice living away from the city.

The county is the 3rd largest in the state of Michigan, but only has around 5500 people living here.

/ Banking… how things have changed
All know me well but the computer stops the transaction until ID scanned...

/ Banking… how things have changed #190  
My neighbor works at my credit union, she still has yo view my id. Its required to proceed with transaction. I have no issue with that.