Backpack blower vs handheld?

/ Backpack blower vs handheld? #11  
I've had both and I LIKE having the choice for different jobs. I have the massive Echo 80cc one that moves a lot of leaves and even gravel, but I HATE using it for just blowing grass off the sidewalk after mowing. My Stihl handheld died and I miss it enough that I'm going to buy a new one. (probably from Echo)

The backpack is much, much more powerful, but also a big pain for a quick job like the handheld.

/ Backpack blower vs handheld? #12  
Never owned a leaf blower and was thrilled when the Lady Friend bought me a Makita four stroke handheld blower. Found how much better and faster it worked blowing off mowing equipment than compressed air.

Then a friend gave me an Oregon Battery operated blower that uses my Oregon Batteries (40V?) and now the Makita 4 stroke barely gets used. The battery unit is just so handy.

/ Backpack blower vs handheld? #13  
I have a Ryobi handheld blower that works great but after about 20 minutes of using it it really wears on my shoulder.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-160-MPH-520-CFM-25cc-Gas-Jet-Fan-Blower-RY25AXB/206481707

Not trying to spend a lot of money but I did notice the local hardware/appliance store carries the Echo PB-580T for about the same price as Home Depot.

Anyone have experiences with other brands of backpack blowers?
I literally just bought that Echo model last week to replace a Stihl handheld that wasn't cutting it at the larger yard. It is, as said, night and day difference. It's going to be my go to from now on except when I'm blowing the leaves off my roof. I accomplished so much more in so much less time... What a time saver. Highly recommend!

/ Backpack blower vs handheld? #14  
Buy a 8500 class backpack and cut your 45 minute job to 10.

/ Backpack blower vs handheld? #15  
I would like a handheld for clean up after mowing, but haven't bought one. I bought a Stihl backpack blower 20 years ago, and haven't regretted it a bit.

/ Backpack blower vs handheld? #16  
As just about everyone has stated... Backpack blower will outperform your handheld 10 fold. I have had an Echo backpack blower for 6+ yrs & it has been a great piece of equipment to own...

So I don't think you could go wrong with a backpack blower...

That said; I have 4 different types of blowers & they all have there purpose... and all get used for there convenience & performance for the task at hand.
- Handheld Battery Powered is used basically for very light clean-up but is used most often for blowing of the equipment & saws on a job site
- Handheld Gas Powered (Echo) used mostly during the summer months to blower off the decks & walks ways after mowing, also used for removing light powdery snow (when we get that) from the decks, walkways & vehicles
- Backpack blower (Echo) used mostly for leaf season we have way to many leaves for the smaller blowers. Actually even this is to small for our needs but is used to move the leaves to where either the Leaf Vac or the debris blower can get to them
- PTO Debris Blower (RAD) used to blow back the piles made with the backpack blower, blowout the driveway culverts & blow about 2100 ft of the 2600 ft of driveway. (the rest is done with the Leaf Vac)

/ Backpack blower vs handheld? #17  
Doing 45 acers with a hand held ?:confused2: I have 5 and a 12 hp little wonder. Hand held are toys for condos in the desert.:drink:

/ Backpack blower vs handheld? #18  
Why not have both? I have a gas-powered Husqvarna backpack which is great for the big jobs; battery-powered HF Lynxx hand-held for the small. The HF is 5+ yrs old but still works fine; if buying a new one I'd look hard at their Atlas brand blower.

/ Backpack blower vs handheld?
Doing 45 acers with a hand held ?:confused2: I have 5 and a 12 hp little wonder. Hand held are toys for condos in the desert.:drink:

I'm actually only blowing leaved from the edge of the house out into the yard and from around the backyard fence so I can I can mulch it.

I also get on top of the house and blow the leaves off of the roof.

I would only use the backpack leaf blower during the fall so I'm trying to justify spending $350-$500.

/ Backpack blower vs handheld? #20  
I for got to take in account proximity of trees, number of trees , and type of trees. I have a little wonder , backpack and hand held . all are used in spring cleanups, fall clean ups and in summer. Constantly in use unless their is snow on the ground . Your lucky My property is a plateau in the side of a mountian . Baisically a leaf trap.:drink: