Backing up a Gen Trailer

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #81  
Maybe instead towing, make it moveable either FEL pallet forks or 3pt forks or carry all.

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #82  
This unit is pretty simple to make in your shop. I made this one for a Gradall with wider forks. It's pretty easy to back a short tongue trailer, without breaking your neck.

Attachments

• 20231219_084422.jpg
    20231219_084422.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
   / Backing up a Gen Trailer #83  
Do you people even read his posts?
He plainly stated this generator is P.T.O. powered & he wants it to REMAIN hooked up to the tractor PTO.
How many of you have PTO access from the front of your tractors or the FEL's ????

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #84  
I did read his posts. His primary concern was getting the thing parked. It's not that hard to reconnect a pto after the generator is where it needs to be.

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #85  
Do you people even read his posts?
He plainly stated this generator is P.T.O. powered & he wants it to REMAIN hooked up to the tractor PTO.
How many of you have PTO access from the front of your tractors or the FEL's ????
I doubt he dedicates the tractor to generator use and leaves it connected 100% of the time.

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #86  
This thread got me thinking about how I use my PTO generator on a trailer...
I use the trailer as a platform during operation, and wheel it by hand from the shed to the tractor operating location and back. I know the op states his age is a factor, but wheeling my 15kw unit is pretty easy, and I'm no spring chicken either.
I can see how backing the trailer up would be a plain, so maybe go with a 3 point, or use pallet forks to pick up the trailer when necessary.

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #87  
Mount it on a 3-pt. platform and junk the trailer! Would make it much handier!
Nope, I much prefer it to be trailered. Handy and more portable. At times I have used mine by just backing up to and connecting the PTO shaft not even bothering with the one hitch pin.

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #88  
I have one of those little generator trailers (using it for a sprayer), and it can indeed be tricky to to back up.

Hook two of them up and I can't even go three feet in a straight line.
DSCN1946.JPG

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #89  
Well if he parked it on pallets in a field with some rounded-over drain plugs, then it would be easier to back up. ;)

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #90  
I have one of those little generator trailers (using it for a sprayer), and it can indeed be tricky to to back up.

Hook two of them up and I can't even go three feet in a straight line.View attachment 839270
Is the OP using a 2 wheel trailer or a 4 wheel trailer?
I got what I think is a 4 wheel luggage trailer at auction that I need to try out. Unfortunately I only bought one, so no backing a triple.
There is something funky about the way the rear tongue and axle steers.