Backhoe Backhoe outrigger protection?

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #11  
They have a slider on the cylinder body that you’ll probably have to weld on but it doesn’t look like a hard retrofit. The length is the only part I see that might be different. How much difference is there in a bt1200 stabilizer and a bt1000 stabilizer? IMG_8289.JPG

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #12  
You can fit everything I know about hydraulics on the head of a pin, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.
Can you weld to a cylinder body without disassembling the cylinder?
If so, it would be a easy mod.
The welds on mine are less than an inch.

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #13  
You can fit everything I know about hydraulics on the head of a pin, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.
Can you weld to a cylinder body without disassembling the cylinder?
If so, it would be a easy mod.
The welds on mine are less than an inch.

There’s not a lot weld on them and the cylinder barrel is pretty thick to absorb the heat. I’d weld it and douse it with water to cool it before it radiates to the seals.

Last edited:
   / Backhoe outrigger protection? #14  
Just extend the out rigger to a level position and weld not a lot weld holding it, Put wet rags over rod to protect against splatter

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #15  
Cylinder covers for the stabilizers on ford 4500 backhoe were simple with a band on metal around the cylinder to hold the cover and attached at the pad. Metal plate welded to cylinder to guide cover. Loud screeching noise when deploying but worked good. Covers for my M59 are fancy but are not as HD. Both units I bought used and show numerous battle scars so protecting the cylinder rods seems necessary. Probably more potential damage from the bucket teeth than dirt and rocks. My Kubota B26 backhoe doesn’t have covers on the outriggers and are not an factory option. More careful while digging close to the machine and even raise the outrigger if close.

Don’t think it would be a hard fab job. Piece of square tubing spilt would make two covers. Clearance for the hydraulic lines the biggest issue. Nice future project.

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #16  
I ordered a set of covers from Messick's for my BT1000b. When they show up, I would be happy to supply measurements if anyone wants them.

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #18  
   / Backhoe outrigger protection?
I note your location as Midcoast Maine.
I bought my 2006 L48 TLB on Deer Isle last June.

Nice, I got my tractor from the folks at Pen-Bay in Clinton. Really enjoyed working with them. I’m int Damariscotta.

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #20  
As I mentioned in post #16 I ordered a set of covers. They arrived today. I hope the measurements help. If more are needed, let me know.

Attachments

• 100_1630.jpg
    100_1630.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
  • 100_1631.jpg
    100_1631.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 95