Backhoe Backhoe outrigger protection?

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #1  

Aavantaggio

Tractor
LS MT240HE FEL
Has anyone out there made something to protect the hydraulic rams that run the outriggers/stabilizers on their BH? Seems like it wouldn’t be very hard to drop a rock on one and scratch them enough to damage them? Just something like a shield to at least deflect dirt and smaller stuff?

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #2  
Has anyone out there made something to protect the hydraulic rams that run the outriggers/stabilizers on their BH? Seems like it wouldn’t be very hard to drop a rock on one and scratch them enough to damage them? Just something like a shield to at least deflect dirt and smaller stuff?

I had an old Ford 3400 TLB that I sold last year.
It had stabilizer protectors that were obviously factory original.
My L48 Kubota stabilizer cylinders have no such protection, and I sure would like to have some.

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #3  
They are available for the L47 as an option,

COVER(CYLINDER,R
- replaces #7K529-53220
7K529-53222 $85.00

I don't have a set yet, but they're on my need to buy list. I think they're a little pricy,(what isn't?), but still cheaper than the cost of a replacement outrigger cylinder.

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #4  

COVER(CYLINDER,R
- replaces #7K529-53220
7K529-53222 $85.00

I don't have a set yet, but they're on my need to buy list. I think they're a little pricy,(what isn't?), but still cheaper than the cost of a replacement outrigger cylinder.

Thanks!
I think I'll call Messick's to see if those covers will also fit my L48.
Seems like they might.

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #5  

COVER(CYLINDER,R
- replaces #7K529-53220
7K529-53222 $85.00

Called Messick's today.
They tell me that the cylinder covers are available for the Kubota BT 1000 hoe (10' dig), but not for my BT 1100 (11' dig)

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #6  
Called Messick's today.
They tell me that the cylinder covers are available for the Kubota BT 1000 hoe (10' dig), but not for my BT 1100 (11' dig)

Older machine probably figured they are already banged up , And did not offer them back then, Just another way to get more money out of you when somebody buys a new tractor

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #7  
Looking at the parts drawings for the BT1000 and the BT1100 it appears that there are attachment points on the 1000 that don't exist on the 1100.
The cover bolts to the end of the cylinder and has a track that slides along a mushroom shaped piece which is welded to the cylinder body.
Please excuse my terminology, hydraulics is my second language.
It's really a simple design, that could be adapted easily as long as the bolt hole could be drilled and tapped and the mushroom could be eather welded on or attached with a band to the cylinder.

Attachments

• 100_1620.jpg
    100_1620.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 188
   / Backhoe outrigger protection? #8  
My bt1200 came with them. IMG_8288.JPG

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #9  
My bt1200 came with them. View attachment 640156

Yeah.....that is what I don't quite understand.
The cylinder guards are available for the BT1000, and the BT1200,..... I must have a stepchild with the BT1100.
When I get back up in the cold Northland (April) I think I will order one BT1000 guard, to see if I can adapt it.
If not, I will just ship it back to Messick's.
Any thoughts on if I should order for the BT1000, or the BT1200 for my experiment?

/ Backhoe outrigger protection? #10  
Yeah.....that is what I don't quite understand.
The cylinder guards are available for the BT1000, and the BT1200,..... I must have a stepchild with the BT1100.
When I get back up in the cold Northland (April) I think I will order one BT1000 guard, to see if I can adapt it.
If not, I will just ship it back to Messick's.
Any thoughts on if I should order for the BT1000, or the BT1200 for my experiment?

If you take measurements and photos I would be happy to compare them to my outriggers. I suspect that the cylinders are about the same size.
Since your machine is up north, I wonder if a local Kubota dealer could help you size one.
Unfortunately I don't know anyone that has a L48 around here.