Backhoe operation - tractor tires off the ground, only the rear, only the front, NONE

/ Backhoe operation - tractor tires off the ground, only the rear, only the front, NONE #31  
A commercial TLB is well designed to be in the air. Remember a three legged milking stool is more stable than a four legged one. I would say that it is best to reduce stresses on most 3ph hoes by engaging stabalizers only enough to provide stability.

I was looking for a 3ph hoe for our JD 6200 years ago. When the dealer told me that people were ripping the rather heavy top link casting off the tractor, that was the end of that idea for me.

I've read threads here talking about that top link problem. One member ended up in the hole. Had the bucket in the air when it let go.

Another issue is if your tractor has a "park" gear. Eventually shears the park pin.

/ Backhoe operation - tractor tires off the ground, only the rear, only the front, NONE #32  
This arrangement is useful. Steel blades on one side for soft surfaces, laminated rubber on the other for hard surfaces. I think it is pretty common. If I were making from scratch I would do something like that.

Attachments

• pad.jpg
    pad.jpg
    788.1 KB · Views: 127
   / Backhoe operation - tractor tires off the ground, only the rear, only the front, NONE #33  
Diggin it, I used 2" angle iron fore and aft, bolted to be as wide as possible. Definitely made a big improvement to not 'pull' the machine around. I made some 22.5 degee cuts on the angle so that when the outriggers were up, there wasn't a sharp/pointed corner to get cut on.

/ Backhoe operation - tractor tires off the ground, only the rear, only the front, NONE #34  
I thought about welding a piece of grader blade at an angle at the front of the backhoe stabilizers to pull the feet into the ground with backwards pull like a skidding winch anchor but I ended up going with the angle iron bolted on. I traded someone to build them and they made them from 2” angle. If I was doing them again I’d probably use 4” angle.

/ Backhoe operation - tractor tires off the ground, only the rear, only the front, NONE #35  
Since we're talking about hoes, outriggers and stability, this may be as good place to ask as any.

My outrigger feet are completely flat and smooth. This has so far allowed some sliding on grass and softer ground regardless of the amount of down pressure. I was looking for some sort of gripper teeth or claws to attach using the through holes in those plates, but so far I haven't found any. That got me wondering about just using a 2 inch or so bolt through each of the holes. That would give me 8 spikes or studs in each one to penetrate the ground.

Thoughts?

On the GC1710/20, the outrigger pads swivel/rotate/roll/invert 180-degrees and have spikes on the flip side in order to set down into soils/grass. Take a look. I looked up your LS MT125 and I see that it doesn't appear to have the pads designed similarly. Are there holes in the corners of the pads? You may be able to simply place large bolts through those holes to act as cleats/spikes.