Backhoe Backhoe/excavator ripper question?

/ Backhoe/excavator ripper question? #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Love my new ripper for the Kubota M59. Kubota KX-QA is great. Only problem is the ripper wants to lay on its side. Too heavy to wrestle. Chunk of wood under the QA mount ears helps balance it so you can couple it has worked thus far and not a bad option.

Made some shackle mounts to weld above the quick hitch plate and ears. Will tripod the ripper facing up like the wood block.

Seems like an easy solution and adding a secure attachment for rigging. Different ripper designs might not have this problem or may be a better option or technique? Don’t see the shackle tabs protruding out the back about 3” a digging problem? Like input before welding.
IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

/ Backhoe/excavator ripper question? #2  
Im guessing shackle mounts so that you could use them for lifting or pulling as well? I think just welding a piece of angle across the back where the board is resting (triangle facing out so to speak) would accomplish the same thing and not require you to dedicate such nice beefy looking useful bits as those to this job. But if you plan to actually pull from there then it seems like a perfectly good idea to me!

/ Backhoe/excavator ripper question?
IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2605.JPG

IMG_2606.JPG

Angle or tubing across the back could’ve worked too. Eyelet bars could push thru the ground if needed. Proper attachment of rigging important. With trees always seems to be a fair amount of pulling and tugging.