Backhoe control valve replacement T5B

/ Backhoe control valve replacement T5B #1  

grizzy67

Tractor
Terramite T5B
Hi
I'm planning on replacing the whole backhoe control valve setup. I see several units available on Ebay for a reasonable price. Ours does not have joysticks which we would like. Everything is worn out so rather than getting involved with replacing multiple parts besides the o rings I think it would be better to replace the whole unit. My guess would be I might need adapters for the hose connections but other than that it should go well and then we would have Joysticks to boot. The T5B manual says it is a 20 gpm setup so as long as We purchase that size unit I figure we will be alright. I do understand what I'm looking at are made in china.
Do you guys have any other considerations or cautions? Will this work? thanks for your help

/ Backhoe control valve replacement T5B #2  
IMHO you're on the right track. I've had great service and support from hydraulic-master which is based in Poland and provides great service. Summit also does well. I added a hydraulic thumb to mine.

I don't know how old your unit is but consider replacing any hoses. Adapters add up fast and can get tricky to route. The hydraulic shops near me will take my valve before install and figure out what 90s and tall vs short fittings etc you need to mage the hoses easy to install since the valve gets crowded.

JIC swivel fittings are about the most reliable and easy to get/install. Pipe fittings are probably what's on the machine now... Pipe to JIC adapters are common. Discount hydraulic hose and surplus center are good sources.

You can often find long, cheap hose assemblies at surplus center that may work to update your existing hoses.

Good luck, post here or the hydraulic forum if you get stuck.