Backhoe Backhoe bucket modifications

/ Backhoe bucket modifications #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Two modifications ideas considering for 12”backhoe bucket.

First, sharpen and cut serrations in the side cutters to better cut/saw/break thru tree roots. Some single tooth rippers have this feature. Side cutters are AR400 1/2” steel.
IMG_2365.JPG

Second, weld a swinging 1” D-ring to top rear of the bucket instead of a hook to attach rigging. Narrow buckets tend to plug more easily. Shaking while the D-ring hammers the back might help loosen stuck material?

Haven’t seen these features so there might be good reasons not to.

/ Backhoe bucket modifications #2  
6 months ago Welded a d-ring to the back of my bucket in the center with 7018 rod, I have used it a lot, works good no apparent problems just go slow when lifting and moving something I'll try and get a picture.

/ Backhoe bucket modifications #3  
Dont weld a D ring on weld a grab hook on. Gives more adjustment to chain length unless your useing straps..but you still need a shackle.

/ Backhoe bucket modifications #4  
How about all of the above lol I'm a little careful about side loading the bucket pins however you can easily loop a chain through a d-ring probably not OSHA approved. anyway if you weld hooks on make tack it first to make sure the chain links will clear everything.

Attachments

• KIMG1231.JPG
    KIMG1231.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
   / Backhoe bucket modifications
Have weld on hooks on several buckets. Very handy. Thought a heavy D-ring might help vibrate out material in bucket? Both are easy enough to try. On the farm the backhoe is crane and a digger.