B3030 oil change question

/ B3030 oil change question #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
There is a big cross member right below the oil drain plugs (great design). At first I thought I would take it off, but it is torqued seriously tightly. Then I figured I would raise the front of the tractor off the ground a bit and just let the oil drain down on the cross member and to the back since the tractor is now slightly tipped back.

Is that how it should be done?

/ B3030 oil change question #2  
There is a big cross member right below the oil drain plugs (great design). At first I thought I would take it off, but it is torqued seriously tightly. Then I figured I would raise the front of the tractor off the ground a bit and just let the oil drain down on the cross member and to the back since the tractor is now slightly tipped back.

That's exactly what I do with my B3030, and it seems to work fine. Just have a roll of shop towels handy.

/ B3030 oil change question #3  

My 2620 was the same way. I took it off and drilled a hole right below the drain and then I bought and installed a Quick drain, put a short rubber hose on it so it brought the oil to the bottom of the bracket. Oil changes were very easy with no mess. It was a bit of a bother but it was worth it. Not sure what the Kubota engineers were thinking ( or not).:confused2:

/ B3030 oil change question #4  
Steve,I think that big crossmember is for the loader bracket and there are two cutouts underneath the drain plugs that appear to be for socket access to the drain plugs or to allow the oil to drain without hitting the crossmember.I didn't think I could pull the drain plugs without some of the oil spilling onto the crossmember.I bend up a piece of cardboard to make a tray to divert the oil into the drain pan,pulling the drain plugs one at a time.Keeps the crossmember clean.The oil flows much faster if the fill cap or dipstick are removed.Have fun!