B2650 stalling or not starting - one problem or two

/ B2650 stalling or not starting - one problem or two #11  
123.jpg

/ B2650 stalling or not starting - one problem or two
The other day I was using my forks to load my garbage can, and I was actually standing up creeping forward so I could see the tips of the forks. The tractor was operating normally, just at idle and did so no problem. That was off the seat, pedal moving forward. I loaded the garbage can up, and it wasn't until I had moved, set the parking brake, and then got off the tractor, about ten seconds later it stalled.

As for it's frequency, last night I mowed the back field and trails for the kids in the other fields without a hiccup. Put four hours on it perfectly fine.

/ B2650 stalling or not starting - one problem or two #14  
Well Bronco, reading through the posts I don't see that you've done anything other than state "looks good/normal" etc. I agree that it's probably a switch or even a relay issue. My suggestion is to find/unplug each sensor one by one and inspect/clean them, maybe smear them afterwards with di-electric grease and plug them back in, and see if the problem recurs. Intermittent problems are the worst.... Keep us posted

/ B2650 stalling or not starting - one problem or two #15  
If you look under the right side of the B2650, you can see the return to neutral safety switch. You will have to crawl under the tractor.

There is a metal loop about 1” long that slides up and down that affects the safety switch.

Look for any sign of rust around that loop. Spray with lubricant.

I had a similar problem on my B2650.

Hope this helps.

/ B2650 stalling or not starting - one problem or two #16  
IMG_2290.JPG

I think this where your problem might be.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

I did end up putting the wire over top of the seat safety to temporarily rule it out. And I will definitely have a gander for the metal loop that slides up and down by the switch, lubricating it, as well as unplugging the switch, inspect/clean, di-electric greasing it, and plugging it back in the next bit of free time.

When the issue arises again at least it is narrowed down to the switch, sensor, or relay, and likely the return to neutral safety switch.

It very well could have been a blade of grass/debris that did get caught in the switch preventing contact that worked its way out as well. Odd, but odder things have happened.

/ B2650 stalling or not starting - one problem or two #18  
The HST pedal switch is a common failure point on these tractors, mine went around 600hrs and was glad that I had noticed a few other people had issues so I knew where to go. You can unplug the switch and throw a jumper wire in the next time it acts up and see what it does

The jumper wire was suggested to me from a mechanic from the local Kubota dealer...not officially of course though.