B2650 OWNERS

/ B2650 OWNERS #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
Changed oil and filter and was checking fan belts etc. and noticed a v cut in the lower coolant hose which was quite deep and caused by the belt as it would chatter a bit at idle speed and hit the hose . The belt was tight but the hose set up right by the oil filter is a lousy one on the cab air conditioned units anyways . There is a clamp or bracket on the eng. block to help keep it away from the belt , but that didn't work in my case . Kubota must know about this problem as I bought it new and when I took off this bracket they had just put a next size nut over the bolt on the back side of the bracket to give it some extra space when tightened onto the block , which didn't work either . I couldn't believe this , they could have at least used some washers or a collar , anything other than an oversized nut , how crude . I had to order a new hose and will need to find a way to keep it away from the belt . My guess is the pulley on the alternator is a little off balance or a bad belt and that is the reason for the slight chatter at idle , the forward belt doesn't chatter at all .

/ B2650 OWNERS #2  
Changed oil and filter and was checking fan belts etc. and noticed a v cut in the lower coolant hose which was quite deep and caused by the belt as it would chatter a bit at idle speed and hit the hose . The belt was tight but the hose set up right by the oil filter is a lousy one on the cab air conditioned units anyways . There is a clamp or bracket on the eng. block to help keep it away from the belt , but that didn't work in my case . Kubota must know about this problem as I bought it new and when I took off this bracket they had just put a next size nut over the bolt on the back side of the bracket to give it some extra space when tightened onto the block , which didn't work either . I couldn't believe this , they could have at least used some washers or a collar , anything other than an oversized nut , how crude . I had to order a new hose and will need to find a way to keep it away from the belt . My guess is the pulley on the alternator is a little off balance or a bad belt and that is the reason for the slight chatter at idle , the forward belt doesn't chatter at all .

Thanks for the tip. Going to check mine tomorrow..

/ B2650 OWNERS #3  
I also thank you for the tip. I will check my this afternoon.

/ B2650 OWNERS #4  
I'll check mine tomorrow too.

Thanks for the warning.

Joe

/ B2650 OWNERS #5  
I'll take a look. I just bought one

/ B2650 OWNERS #6  
Checked mine out last night. Mine has a bracket over the hose that keeps the belt from hitting. Also mine has at least a half inch-inch of clearance. I think yours wasn't put together correctly. I will try to grab a pic tonight.

/ B2650 OWNERS #7  
Mine is just as Phil ^ described his. No issues there. But my rubber seal on the bottom front of the hood, keeps falling off. Time to get out the weatherstrip glue.

Joe

/ B2650 OWNERS #8  
Didn't make it to the tractor. Spent to much time cleaning up the leaves before an expected storm and cold spell. My gasket on the bottom of the hood falls off every time I open it. Could use a handle on it also, hard to open with just the indent. Willtry again later to grab a pick.

/ B2650 OWNERS #9  
IMG_1331.JPG
Here is the bracket covering the hose. Does yours look like this?