B26 power steering

/ B26 power steering #1  

woody

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Kubota ZG222, Kubota L45, 1980 Ford 1700
was bush hogging yesterday and the steering kept getting harder. the wheels would turn but I had to put out to get them to turn. the front loader bucket still raises like it should and the three point hitch raises fine. checked the fluid and it was fine, I raised and lowered the bucket and turned the wheels back and forth trying to make sure there was no air in the line nothing seams to help. I'm thinking pressure relief if it has one for the steering.

Last edited:
   / B26 power steering
Where is all the B26 owners can't believe there has been no responses

/ B26 power steering
Okay I turned the wheels to the left, removed the line on the left, turned the steering wheel to the left oil under pressure came from the hose and when I turned the steering wheel to the right very little oil came from the hose but no oil came from the cylinder at any time. :confused2:

20170722_163035.jpg

/ B26 power steering #4  
I'm guessing your problem isn't unique to B26, most Kubotas probably have a similar system. Sorry that's all I've got.

/ B26 power steering
I'm guessing your problem isn't unique to B26, most Kubotas probably have a similar system. Sorry that's all I've got.

Thanks for the reply, was beginning to think I was talking to myself again. :laughing:

/ B26 power steering

Thanks for the reply, was beginning to think I was talking to myself again.

/ B26 power steering
alright got an update, I had convinced myself that it was the steering controller but since I had no way to prove it and the parts are so high I did not want to gamble on it and guess wrong so I carried it to my dealer. he put his test equipment on it and determined I was right so he replaced the controller but had a dead spot that he did not like. took the steering cylinder apart and found a damaged seal, he said it looked like something may have come out of the controller and damaged the seal in the cylinder so he put a seal kit in it and said everything is working like it should. I'll go and get it Monday and probably scrap the drive just to welcome the B26 home.

/ B26 power steering
Update #2 I did go and pick up my B26 and as soon as I got on it I could tell it was some what better but not like it should be and I told the mechanic that. he told me to try it that everything checked good now. I carried it home unloaded it from the trailer and still did not like the way it felt, but I did not get a chance to use it until Monday the 25th when I loaded my welder in the back of my truck and had to use two hands to turn the wheels. needless to say I carried it back and explained why I brought it to them in the first place and why I was returning it to them now. But now I wonder what I should do about the money I have paid them to fix it and they did not, they have always been fair to me but I have never had to take anything back.

/ B26 power steering
Update #3, yesterday I went and picked up my B26 from the dealer again but this time the steering worked like it should. The mechanic got a Kubota rep to bring a flow meter and when they tested it the steering was only getting two gallons a minute flow and should have been four so they replaced the pump. I have always had good dealings with this dealer but this has been real frustrating to me. The owner was not there but I will be asking him a few questions when he gets back such as why don’t his shop have a flow meter? Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations.

/ B26 power steering #10  
Woody - thanks for the tread. My B26 might be starting the experience the same issue. Good to have background from other owners.