B2320 I want to increase the lift capability

/ B2320 I want to increase the lift capability #1  

TerryMcQ

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320
I asked my local Kubota dealer if I could put bigger cylinders and if necessary a a pump to increase the load I can handle. He said the changing the cylinders will tear up the pump which thinking about it sounds about right because of the pumps ability or lack of to keep up with the flow required. So change the pump but he said that is the only pump Kubota makes that will fit the B2320. Well from buying the skid steer attachment converter form a La 504 loader to put on my L304, I would think it's possible�f the LA504 has more lifting capacity that the L304 it might be true that the pump and cylinders would interchange. The Machine the LA504 comes on is a B26XX something and I would look it up but in my humble opinion, Kubota's web sire sucks big time and it's sometimes impossible to find technical data like this.
Anybody else try and succeed doing this and have some part numbers they could share, especially for the pump but I'm reasonably sure I can deal with the cylinders. All info would be appreciated including the cylinders so I don't have to find them. I've measured the length from center to center of the cross tubes and found tons of cylinders that would fit but have to make sure the existing pump can handle or find the pump that will handle it and has the right mount for my tractor. What other info do I need to provide to make sure it'll work? Not sure how many different motors and possible pumps were available on the B2320.
One other thing. Is there a nomenclature plate for the transmission somewhere so I can make sure any pump recommended has the same mounting bolt pattern?

Last edited:
   / B2320 I want to increase the lift capability #2  
Your pump is rated more for the HP of your tractor. Bigger cylinders well not tear up the pump, it well just take longer to fill it. Wonder why the dealer told you that?

/ B2320 I want to increase the lift capability
Dealer told me that because he wanted to sell me a whole new tractor with more capabilities! Greed is a nasty thing. Did you catch the edit I did to the post? Do you know if there is a nomenclature plate for the transmission serial number?

also, even though rated more for horsepower, is it possible they used a governor to restrict the max pressure allowed to pass to the front loader?

/ B2320 I want to increase the lift capability #5  
Sometime it's as easy as using a #10 washer and increase the pressure off the pump. Check the pressures first to see if it is even up to spec

Brett

/ B2320 I want to increase the lift capability #6  
Your pump is rated more for the HP of your tractor. Bigger cylinders well not tear up the pump, it well just take longer to fill it. Wonder why the dealer told you that?

I agree. That's like saying you MUST buy a larger shovel if you buy a larger wheelbarrow, or it won't work.

Bruce

/ B2320 I want to increase the lift capability #7  
Sometime it's as easy as using a #10 washer and increase the pressure off the pump. Check the pressures first to see if it is even up to spec
A-yup ... :thumbsup:

/ B2320 I want to increase the lift capability #8  
As stated here and your other post, you really need to check the condition of your hydraulic pump and relief valve setting before trying to reinvent the wheel.

I'm no hydraulics expert. Can you tell me how to check pressure and where would #110 washer go to increase the pressure. I had my machine in the shop late winter for complete check over to be ready for the season but don't know if they checked the hydraulic performance. Might have a limp noodle there. I'm probably asking a lot but do you know what cylinders I'd be looking for and would I have to replace all 4? The bore on these is 1 inch. If bore is the pressure factor to change, it looks like there's room to increase. If I'm making errors in my supposed knowledge, please don't hesitate to correct. I forgot to ask what tools I need like pressure gauge and would the local auto parts store have what i need as they are closer than tractor supply or other choices

/ B2320 I want to increase the lift capability #10  
Might want to check the load capacity of your front tires?

Another thing to consider is the hydraulic pump supplies your power steering. You might notice if you load a little tractors front loader up real heavy they steer very hard. I honestly think the bottom line is, they limit the lift force on the front end loader so that you are less likely to tear the tractor to pieces. If you really need to lift more weight, you might need to beef things up right from the ground up. I know I've come close to exceeding the load capacity on mine on a few occasions.