B2150 4x4, motor won't turn

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #41  
I took the engine off of a pressure washer because it was locked up. The flywheel would rotate just a little each way and then stop dead. Figuring something bad was wrong in the engine I took the side off to look inside. It was pristine inside. Feeling foolish I looked for the real cause and it was a screw that had gotten loose and was getting jammed in the space between the flywheel and the sheet metal behind it. The screw would roll along and then get stuck. Then reversing rotation it would roll again and then again get stuck. I had to buy another crankcase gasket.
This motor had done the same thing as yours. Was running great, was shut down, and then the problem showed up next time someone tried to start it.
Since your engine cannot be hydro locked because the injectors are out, and because it rotates a little each way, makes me think that maybe a bolt or something similar has come loose and has fallen into a space that lets it move some. I'm sure it won't be easy to check, just because of how complex tractors are. Is it possible to get a look into where the clutch is? Could there be a nut or bolt sitting in the bottom of the clutch housing?
You must be going nuts trying to figure this out. I feel for you.
Good Luck,
Eric

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn
I took the engine off of a pressure washer because it was locked up. The flywheel would rotate just a little each way and then stop dead. Figuring something bad was wrong in the engine I took the side off to look inside. It was pristine inside. Feeling foolish I looked for the real cause and it was a screw that had gotten loose and was getting jammed in the space between the flywheel and the sheet metal behind it. The screw would roll along and then get stuck. Then reversing rotation it would roll again and then again get stuck. I had to buy another crankcase gasket.
This motor had done the same thing as yours. Was running great, was shut down, and then the problem showed up next time someone tried to start it.
Since your engine cannot be hydro locked because the injectors are out, and because it rotates a little each way, makes me think that maybe a bolt or something similar has come loose and has fallen into a space that lets it move some. I'm sure it won't be easy to check, just because of how complex tractors are. Is it possible to get a look into where the clutch is? Could there be a nut or bolt sitting in the bottom of the clutch housing?
You must be going nuts trying to figure this out. I feel for you.
Good Luck,
Eric
Oh I am ! I can't turn it at all either way. I'll have to get a bore scope to try to see in the bell housing.

I agree the motor is probably OK given that you did not note any knocking or other issues when it last ran. I really feel like it is something mechanical that is jamming up the works and I do not see how the loader being lowered has a connection to the problem unless the bucket physically pushed something into the engine which seems highly unlikely.

Did you cut the oil filter open to look for metal?

So you can get it to turn one revolution in each direction before it stops? If you get it to the middle of a revolution you could try to fish a magnet around in each cylinder and around the flywheel to see if you come up with anything.

You can probably rent a scope to look in the cylinders or have someone come by who has one. I'd scope it before I'd remove the head.

You seem pretty knowledgeable, so I assume you checked the glow plugs to ensure a piece of one of them is not floating around in a cylinder. Although usually when they break the piece just bounces around in the cylinder and makes a racket.

If you cannot get the glow plug out to check it you can do a continuity test to ensure it is still together.
I had the glow plugs and injectors all out and the vslve cover off. I can't get any movement out of it at all. I drained the oil and ran a magnet through the drain pan and virtually no metal metal in it at all.

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #44  
You should be able to manually open all the valves a bit to see if they are free. That would be a good sign nothing is jammed above a piston.

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #45  
I do like the jammed bolt in the flywheel idea. Although, you might have to split the tractor to tighten/loctite bolts.

edit...I think at this point, I would be putting some real grunt on turning the engine backwards a bit.

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #46  
Need some help/ ideas. Kubota 2150 ran great yesterday. Started fine this morning. Raised loader so I could remove some brackets for the mower deck. I finished up and the loader had drifted down a little( which I expect) and then I lowered it all the way down while tractor was off. I went to start it later and it won't turn over , only got a partial revolution, so I thought being cold it needed a charge. Well 3 hours later it still won't turn , starter engages and tries but can't. Starter is fine. Any ideas ??????
Before I get these answers I got from another site , starter , battery, the wires and connections are good ! It's not electrical ! Also I moved the loader controls around in every correction to relieve any pressure.
Have you checked the safety switch on the seat? I had a similar situation on my L-5040 and it was the switch on the seat, so I unhooked it at the seat and made a jumper wire to go across the terminals of the harness to the seat and it's run ever since. Just a thought as it appears to be one of the safety switches.

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #47  
I can't get any movement out of it at all.

I think the fact that you could initially turn it one revolution in each direction, but now you cannot is a big clue. Was the engine still warm when you made the initial effort to turn it by hand? Or was it just a warm day and now it is colder?

If you could turn the engine by hand when it first happened and was still warm, but you cannot get it to move now, sadly I'm kind of inclined to think it might be a frozen piston. As the engine cooled the clearances tightened and the piston became a victim of being heat shrunk into the bore. A bore scope will reveal any cylinder scoring unless the piston happens to be at TDC.

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #48  
Had a similar problem with my Kubota BX2200. It worked fine all morning but going back after lunch it would not start. After cleaning terminals, all looked good, but machine would not start. Went to my Dealer who found the positive cable, although it looked clean and solid, had rotted out under the sheathing and down a ways from the terminal connection. It explained a lot as I was getting intermediate and hesitant starting before that.

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #49  
Not familiar with your tractor model, belly mowers or were the brackets attach at all but...

When removing the brackets did you replace any of the bolts without the bracket now making the bolts longer and possibly interfering with something.

Not familiar with your tractor model, belly mowers or were the brackets attach at all but...

When removing the brackets did you replace any of the bolts without the bracket now making the bolts longer and possibly interfering with something.
No