Auto-locking differential, doesn't

/ Auto-locking differential, doesn't #1  

dnw64

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab
I have a Husky YTH22V46XLS (bought used). According to many sources, it has an auto-locking differential. But if it does, it doesn't work. Assuming it does have one but it's not working, any suggestions of common/easy problems/fixes?

/ Auto-locking differential, doesn't #2  
According to this video, I don't see a foot pedal you mash to lock the differential, so it must auto engage. Hopefully an owner can share how theirs works.

/ Auto-locking differential, doesn't #3  
I have a Husky that has the "LS" on the model number. I've wondered the same thing - does it have an "automatic limited slip" diff on it and how can I tell that it engages?

/ Auto-locking differential, doesn't
I have a Husky that has the "LS" on the model number. I've wondered the same thing - does it have an "automatic limited slip" diff on it and how can I tell that it engages?

Well you can tell it's engaged if both tires are spinning - it's very unlikely that both will spin without one. Commonly known in the automobile world as a "one wheel squeal"... :D

/ Auto-locking differential, doesn't #5  
I don't have a small unit with auto lock differentials, just a large one ..
but the easiest way to tell if they are engaged is to see if only one tire is spinning..