ATV/Riding Mower bridge using materials laying around...request thoughts

/ ATV/Riding Mower bridge using materials laying around...request thoughts #31  
My next one is gonna be for vehicles…..I have all of the steel tubes/angle iron. Most of the 3x4 decking. May not run the Kubota over it…….
Please start a thread when you build it.

My big bridge would probably hold my Ford TLB or my Kubota but I don't have to cross it with them so I don't. I tend to over build things......

/ ATV/Riding Mower bridge using materials laying around...request thoughts #32  
For the center of the stream and possible supports, the water will not go much higher than the picture. I picked this spot because the water will rarely even get close to the bridge itself and usually will be halfway or less up to the bridge itself.
I had similar thoughts for my bridges, but did not take into account atmospheric river and one of my bridged ended up about 20 feet down stream and one had water flowing over it.... If you think its high enough, add another foot to height.....

/ ATV/Riding Mower bridge using materials laying around...request thoughts #33  
Can you elaborate on how the cee purlin would be used? Are they vertical, supporting the beams? I am not following. Thanks.
Sandwich Fir beams between cee purlins, 2x boards or whatever is on hand. 3' to 6' cut offs can be bought cheap or sometimes picked up free around weld up buildings.

/ ATV/Riding Mower bridge using materials laying around...request thoughts #34  
one of my bridged ended up about 20 feet down stream and one had water flowing over it.... If you think its high enough, add another foot to height.....
Depending on what your materials are in the bridge, one relatively easy thing to do would be to tie one or more corners to a good post you set in concrete with your posthole digger, if you had one. Would probably only need to loosely anchor one corner on the 'home' shore to keep the thing from being a cleanup project somewhere downstream. It might still be severely damaged, or it might not, but it should be more of a 'breakaway' than a 'float away' design, at least in my mind. :ROFLMAO:

/ ATV/Riding Mower bridge using materials laying around...request thoughts #35  
Please start a thread when you build it.

My big bridge would probably hold my Ford TLB or my Kubota but I don't have to cross it with them so I don't. I tend to over build things......
It’s mostly built in my head!!!

I’ll start a thread when I start fab work. Should be in the next few weeks
Moved some trees/dirt/fill already.

/ ATV/Riding Mower bridge using materials laying around...request thoughts #36  
Had a customer use an old railroad flat car with out the axles and swivels. Just the frame and deck.. Would hold most anything you would want to put on it.