Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #11  
Every December 7th the entire Catholic School required to attend mass in remembrance… so from a young age very familiar with the significance of December 7th.

The priest always walked with a pronounced limp… hit by shrapnel saving wounded and many could not be saved.

Hearing from someone who participated in history changing events makes it more impressionable especially to kids.

In tribute the Christmas Tree Farm donated a Christmas Tree to the USS Hornet…

Attachments

• 10695D55-FD44-4542-9F43-480B851BCA3A.png
    10695D55-FD44-4542-9F43-480B851BCA3A.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
   / Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #12  
In 20 years there won't be a mention of it anywhere.

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #13  
In 20 years there won't be a mention of it anywhere.

And you wonder “why”?
Why would anyone forget?

We save the world from the oppressive Nazi empire only to see another one on the rise and along with it, the pacification/Neville Chamberlain behavior with it.

Rats like them need to be stomped out of existence, along with their proxies and money sources BEFORE it takes a world war and millions dead to do it.

History just keeps repeating itself because WEAK leadership causes death & destruction.

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #16  
So many things went wrong that day, it was a disaster and a atrocity but it could've been worse. That's what it took to get the USA head out of the sand and wake the giant.
I think December 7 had a little more meaning to the some before 9/11. The entire park in pearl harbor is a memorial to that day and WW2 and when I was fortunate to go to Oahu for my 2nd honeymoon I made every effort to make sure we went there. USS Arizona is a national cemetery, the few survivors from bb 39 were allowed to be interned in it with there shipmates when there time came. I recommend going to Pearl Harbor on Oahu if your fortunate enough to make it to Hawaii weather or not history interests you.

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #17  
I think December 7 had a little more meaning to the some before 9/11. The entire park in pearl harbor is a memorial to that day and WW2 and when I was fortunate to go to Oahu for my 2nd honeymoon I made every effort to make sure we went there. USS Arizona is a national cemetery, the few survivors from bb 39 were allowed to be interned in it with there shipmates when there time came. I recommend going to Pearl Harbor on Oahu if your fortunate enough to make it to Hawaii weather or not history interests you.
I am definitely interested to go see that for sure.

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #18  
Definitely a must see. I could have spent days, most of my honeymoon in that park but I'd probably be planning another honeymoon with someone else lol.

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #19  
War is a very personal experience. A man has to survive mankind's full intent to kill him before he can fully understand. There's a profound difference between incoming and outgoing rounds.

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #20  
And you wonder “why”?
Why would anyone forget?

We save the world from the oppressive Nazi empire only to see another one on the rise and along with it, the pacification/Neville Chamberlain behavior with it.

Rats like them need to be stomped out of existence, along with their proxies and money sources BEFORE it takes a world war and millions dead to do it.

History just keeps repeating itself because WEAK leadership causes death & destruction.
I agree with 99% of your post....but with all due respect many countries were allies in taking down the Nazis . And being Dutch I am thankful for all of them , including the substantial help the USA was after 1941. Thanks to all those vets !!