Attaching backhoe...easy!

/ Attaching backhoe...easy! #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
Lots of discussion about how hard it is hooking up a backhoe. First time I tried it took me I bet an hour.
Today I finished bush hogging and wanted to put backhoe on. This time I set it on three 6"x6" scraps, one each side underneath step near stabalizer, one under bucket with bucket extended curled inward. When I backed tractor up to it, it was right where it needed to connect down an inch. Raising stabilizers it popped right in place. Start to finish 5 minutes I bet.
Hope this helps someone. 20200501_181005.jpg20200501_181054.jpg

/ Attaching backhoe...easy! #2  
Lots of discussion about how hard it is hooking up a backhoe. First time I tried it took me I bet an hour.
Today I finished bush hogging and wanted to put backhoe on. This time I set it on three 6"x6" scraps, one each side underneath step near stabalizer, one under bucket with bucket extended curled inward. When I backed tractor up to it, it was right where it needed to connect down an inch. Raising stabilizers it popped right in place. Start to finish 5 minutes I bet.
Hope this helps someone.View attachment 653550View attachment 653551

I often wonder if those who think it痴 hard have the same amount of trouble tieing thier shoes! Out of My last 3 tractors the only one that could not be done in less than 5 min was an aftermarket unit. Don稚 seem to have any issue with a factory set up neither does any of my friends around here.

/ Attaching backhoe...easy!
The problem people were having I believe is because when backhoe is sitting on the ground/floor you have to judge where connection is when backing tractor up to it.
If it's raised close with blocks when backing up it's close to connecting and easier to see where it goes.

/ Attaching backhoe...easy! #4  
The problem people were having I believe is because when backhoe is sitting on the ground/floor you have to judge where connection is when backing tractor up to it.
If it's raised close with blocks when backing up it's close to connecting and easier to see where it goes.

I have alway been able to get close with it on the floor, hook up lines then raise to proper height and angle then simply back up to it. Hole process on the worst one took 5 min. With the Kioti it only takes five min if I stop and take a smoke break in the middle of it.

/ Attaching backhoe...easy! #5  
I have a backhoe that mounts with just 2 pins, easy peasy, ONLY IF you get everything lined up right. The pins are under the tractor and so it the channel that catches the frame bar so you can't see them when backing up and you have to be within 1/2" side to side or it won't go on. And if you're on the ground every thing is harder because of the twist. I now have a dolly on concrete and roll it side to side, front to back for the alignment. It's now a piece of cake.

/ Attaching backhoe...easy! #6  
My kubota is trivial to attach. However, you have to remove all the 3pt gear. That isn't intellectually difficult, but it takes about 20 minutes.

/ Attaching backhoe...easy! #7  
I put a set of jack stands under my backhoe frame when I take it off so it only settles about an inch. It keeps everything sitting nicely and easy to line up for installing again.

On my Max26xl, the 3 pt arms stay on but are locked in place with a bracket that attaches to the drawbar. A little bothersome, but still easily a 10 minute job to swap things.

/ Attaching backhoe...easy! #8  
I like the jack stand idea. Perhaps one could also get 6 ft hoses to use while attaching a backhoe that leaks down. 6 ft would allow one to maneuver around to get lined up.