ARPS MOdel 70 Snowblower

/ ARPS MOdel 70 Snowblower #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
I just bought a 7 ft dual auger ARPS Model 70 snowbower shown below.

ARPS apparently was bought out by Amerequip in the early 1980's and discontinued making snowblowers. It's in really good shape and appears to be a heavy, well-built machine. The only dings I see on it is the lower auger is dinged up a bit but that seems par for the course for used snow blowers. It's not enought to impair its functionality.

Does anybody have any experience with these units, good or bad? Anybody know where to get manuals adparts lists, etc.Are parts difficult to find? I would imagine that any chains, sprockets, bearings, etc are standard type parts avaiable from an industrial supply house, bearing suppliers,etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    1,006.2 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 501
   / ARPS MOdel 70 Snowblower #2  
The first place to head would be to who bought them out! It does look to be in good shape for the vintage and they were built with a lot of steel!

/ ARPS MOdel 70 Snowblower
The first place to head would be to who bought them out! It does look to be in good shape for the vintage and they were built with a lot of steel!

I've all ready sent them (Amerequip) an email looking for info. i don't believe it will need any new parts, just a little cleaning up and adjusting, etc.

/ ARPS MOdel 70 Snowblower #4  
The new Cadet compact tractor blowers for the front are being built by them.

/ ARPS MOdel 70 Snowblower
The new Cadet compact tractor blowers for the front are being built by them.

I got an email from Amerequip with a .pdf file of the owners manual with parts list, etc. I really think is neat that somebody would take the time to do that for something they quit making 30 years ago. not very many companies around that do thatsort of thing anymore. Seems like they are still making blowers, however.

/ ARPS MOdel 70 Snowblower #6  
I got an email from Amerequip with a .pdf file of the owners manual with parts list, etc. I really think is neat that somebody would take the time to do that for something they quit making 30 years ago. not very many companies around that do thatsort of thing anymore. Seems like they are still making blowers, however.

Deere does it for all their equipment back into the 30's. Doesn't mean all parts are available for sure, but at least can identify and know what parts are supposed to be there. :)