Are prices like this everywhere?

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #182  
Oh I think he's just giving you some moral support.

The good news is I have a hunting trip and then a long business trip for the next while. So we will have to pick this up later.

Nothing personal moss...I just know you like to correct me and I like to teach you.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #183  
It’s ok to be silly. It’s ok to be whimsical. It’s ok to be creative. It’s ok to show emotion. It’s ok to be wrong. It’s ok to live. It’s ok to be you because we are all just trying to figure it out.

-snobdds

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #184  
Early in 2019 just as we first heard of Covid my 450 foot 4” residential water well package was $11,000. The same company just quoted a nearby fellow $24,000. Ouch.

Got the news today that we need another 6” crop irrigation well. Well and 40 hp pump is $60k. Gonna be a lean Christmas for some around me. Ouch.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #185  
Early in 2019 just as we first heard of Covid my 450 foot 4” residential water well package was $11,000. The same company just quoted a nearby fellow $24,000. Ouch.

Got the news today that we need another 6” crop irrigation well. Well and 40 hp pump is $60k. Gonna be a lean Christmas for some around me. Ouch.
What do you grow down there? It must be a high dollar crop for a system like that. They don't irrigate much around here, just pray for rain at the right time .

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #186  
This is to water about 150 acres of vegetables only when necessary. The land is leased out and includes the irrigation equipment. The well supplements the farm pond water when needed, then the water is pumped to 3 pivots. Pretty standard setup here. Most farmers here grow cotton or peanuts on a mix of dry and irrigated land.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #187  
I know of someone with a similar situation, had 8 grand in a domestic account but moved to an offshore address. Went to withdraw some funds and found out the account had been drained and the bank couldn't provide any plausible explanation. In fact they blew him off. Pretty strange I'd say. Don't know any particulars, just that.
I had a bank here in the states that did that. They transferred money out of my checking account. But couldn't provide information on where it went and by whom.

Met with the bank manager. Come to find out it was a couple employees. Instead of refunding me all the money plus overdraft fees, they just refunded the money and part of the over draft fees.

Manager stated he would slowly refund the charges over a period since he would be dinged if he did them all at once. Me being young and naive, I went along with it. Well two weeks later the bank was bought out and manager told me to kiss off.

I got stuck on that one with very little recourse.

If that ever happens again, you bet your butt there will be police reports and charges filed and heads rolling.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #188  
PS... Sears sent out replacement cards as they do and I called in to activate the day I got it.

About two weeks later I saw a tire sale so I went to Sears and the clerk wrote it up and card declined???

I said I just got this and he said it's been happening all day...

Thought it was a glitch but turned out to be related to Sears financial problems.

Sears did say I could apply to one of their partner credit cards... why would I do that only to find it also went under?

Both examples happened through no fault of deficiency on my part...

When questioned as to why I was told good to go when I called in the explanation given is it's basically an automated process to confirm receipt...

I think grandma had the best advice... Cash in Hand but this also caused a problem.

I needed $2700 to close escrow and showed up with $2700 in cash and the Title Company refused...

I said how would I know and they said it's unwritten policy... go figure?

She said the liability of cash in the office is too great a risk... personal check and wait to clear, cashier's check good when verified, wire transfer and in limited cases for small amounts for document services credit and debit cards...

Funny how it works...

As a business person with the Sheriff evicting a tenant for non payment the father rushes to his daughters apartment with the $1900 owed in cash... this is happening with Sheriff, Tenant, me the manager and tenant father on the front porch.

Sheriff watched the father count out 19 hundred dollar bills and declared debt paid...
I paid my share of closing costs in cash when I purchased my last home. It was $0.50 Not sure if the two quarters were still sitting on the table when the seller went in behind me to sign her part

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #189  
I watch economic indicators concerning credit card debt versus pay back and credit card debt has reached an all time high because people are using plastic to bridge the gap between their liquid assets (cash on hand) when purchasing items like food and fuel.

Problem with that is, the finance charges on most credit cards is tantamount to legalized loan sharking and people that are maxing out their cards will be financially indebted to the credit card issuer forever and if they don't make the minimum payment (which is the forever part) their credit gets ruined.

I don't play that game. My credit card (which I use quite a bit) gets paid in full every month. Credit card companies make it (profit) many different ways, from portal fees imposed on merchants to finance charges imposed on consumers as well as late payment fees. Heck of a game and the consumer is on the loosing end of the stick....

Yes, I'm certain this is what is going on, people are burying themselves and then there will be a lot of bankruptcies. Our economy is dying a slow death, but hey turn on some of the local news networks and everything is peachy! Even crime isn't bad! The border is fine and under control! Everything is fine, quit your belly aching! ;)

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #190  
It’s ok to be silly. It’s ok to be whimsical. It’s ok to be creative. It’s ok to show emotion. It’s ok to be wrong. It’s ok to live. It’s ok to be you because we are all just trying to figure it out.

-snobdds

I sink sumwan is prinking and dosting again.... Hickuuup!

1664571715603.png