Are diesel conditioners needed for new

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #31  
I've used Howes in my tractor with mechanical injected Kukje engine for anti gel properties after watching project farms test of products what worked. In my higher tech common rail engines I use HotShot Secret anti gel and cetane booster in the winter.
I just ordered some of the HotShot Secret Anti Gel tonight. It gets great reviews and a lot of people in northern climates are using it. I use what the Northern folks use for Anti-gel.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #32  
I've used Amsoil's, diesel all in one, in my tractor, rtv, and truck since new. They claim outstanding detergency, improved lubricity, better cold flow, and higher octane.
Yep I put cetane but the auto correct demon changed it:LOL:

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #34  
I just ordered some of the HotShot Secret Anti Gel tonight. It gets great reviews and a lot of people in northern climates are using it. I use what the Northern folks use for Anti-gel.
It is very good. Thats what I use.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #35  
I have been using the PS white bottle since 2008 for my truck
every fill up gets some winter or summer so always ready.
Never had a gel up so far but have seen others. Someone in
town had a 18 wheeler tractor and it was cold enough to get his
fuel and they spent over 3 hours pulling it back and forth on main
drag and they could only get the exhaust stack to puff white smoke

willy

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #36  
Here in southern NH, I just run plain old diesel in my Bobcat CT230. The most time the fuel will sit in the tractor is maybe a month if I'm not using it much. Longest I've had any fuel sit in the plastic jerry cans in the garage is 4 months (2, 5 gallon cans) Never had a problem.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #37  
I use atf in all my diesels from my pickup to my 1956 820 John Deere. They love me for it.. I add a quart to 40 gallons of fuel for my older tractors. My2000 F-250 gets 3 to 4 oz per fill-up. I have no way to prove anything except none of them has ever had fuel system work done on them. I noticed as I was balingthat the primary pump on the 730 is leaking so a reseal will be the first fuel system work it has ever had.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #38  
I use atf in all my diesels from my pickup to my 1956 820 John Deere. They love me for it.. I add a quart to 40 gallons of fuel for my older tractors. My2000 F-250 gets 3 to 4 oz per fill-up. I have no way to prove anything except none of them has ever had fuel system work done on them. I noticed as I was balingthat the primary pump on the 730 is leaking so a reseal will be the first fuel system work it has ever had.
I also run white power service in the winter for gelling and carry power service 911 for the odd chance of bad fuel. This has worked quite well for me.

/ Are diesel conditioners needed for new #39  
Bio-diesel is great stuff if you burn it out, like over the road truckers do. But don't let it sit in your tank without dosing it with a biocide of some kind. (Power Service Silver year around here. I don't operate when/where it's cold.)

Last edited:
   / Are diesel conditioners needed for new #40  
Allow me to add to the discussion.
I use either Stanadyne performance formula Or Alliant Power Ultra Guard
Both these were recommended by the diesel pump shop I use and made for and recommended by the manufacturer of diesel pumps and injectors.
Figure they ought to know what is good to use.