Apple computers

/ Apple computers #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
People tell me that Apple computers are really wonderful and that I should ditch my Dell with Internet Explorer and Windows 10. I'm pretty computer savvy.
What do people with Apples think?

/ Apple computers #2  
A computer is there to do a job. If it does it well it doesn't matter what the operating system is. I am older now and like my MAC since it works well with the iphone. Use to have a PC at work and it did the job as well.

/ Apple computers #3  
I've had pc's until 2 years ago. Bought a MacBook Pro. Runs MS Office for Mac with no problems. I have not tried Parallels or boot camp for Windows programs, but provided you can get Mac software for all you want to run - I don't think you will ever go back to a pc.

/ Apple computers #4  
Most dependable computers you can buy. Not just my opinion but pretty well acknowledged by industry. I bought my first Mac in 1991 - and it still works. I have it set up down in the basement with an Imagewriter (impact type) printer. I also still have a Mac Powerbook laptop from years ago and it still works.

But as someone mentioned above. Make sure whatever programs you want to use will work with the Apple operating system. I'm now using a couple Windows computers but that's mainly because I've heavily involved with teaching GPS classes to SAR personnel, and most of those programs don't play well with the Apple system. And for the record - I HATE Windows - seems every time one of their automatic (forced) system updates takes effect, something else with the computer quits working.

/ Apple computers #5  
People tell me that Apple computers are really wonderful and that I should ditch my Dell with Internet Explorer and Windows 10. I'm pretty computer savvy.
What do people with Apples think?

It depends what you do with your computer.

What do you do with your computer?

/ Apple computers #6  
   / Apple computers
Most dependable computers you can buy. Not just my opinion but pretty well acknowledged by industry. I bought my first Mac in 1991 - and it still works. I have it set up down in the basement with an Imagewriter (impact type) printer. I also still have a Mac Powerbook laptop from years ago and it still works.

But as someone mentioned above. Make sure whatever programs you want to use will work with the Apple operating system. I'm now using a couple Windows computers but that's mainly because I've heavily involved with teaching GPS classes to SAR personnel, and most of those programs don't play well with the Apple system. And for the record - I HATE Windows - seems every time one of their automatic (forced) system updates takes effect, something else with the computer quits working.

Forced system update is what I think is bothering the most. The updates undo many of the preferences I set up to prevent things like certain forced ads and such. After the updates it seems like I have to start over again.

It depends what you do with your computer.
What do you do with your computer?

Use for technical searches and surfing. It's sort of my personal reference library. No word processing or DCX or that; just technical searches and reference off the internet.

/ Apple computers #8  
I think of my Apple laptop as the Model 77 wormdrive saw of computers. Does what it is supposed to do year after year with no drama. Used Windows until about 10 years ago.

/ Apple computers #9  

Not what we found on the hardware side. 25+ years in I.T., we used Macs extensively in our graphics, photo and design areas. The rate of hardware failure was equal to PC hardware failure rate. And, there was lots of proprietary stuff that had to be purchased through Apple VS lots of aftermarket stuff for PC that was considerably less expensive. Over the years, all of the programs that were initially Mac only were ported to PC and so the Macs went away, just for the fact that we'd only have one operating system to support on the desktops.

/ Apple computers #10