Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer?

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #11  
Lol.....Why?

I mean I know it’s WAY too big for a little operation like yours, but big time farmers run 3x4 and 4x4 hay balers everywhere around here...

Well anyway, thanks for the “compliment”, but the Kubota round baler is built by Gallignani, an Italian hay baler manufacturer. Knvernland owned Gallignani before Kubota bought Knvernland. Now Kubota owns both.

Last edited:
   / Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #12  
No issues really except I prefer a wider pickup. Offhand, I'd say I've made 4000 with it so far. Maybe 20% in twine and the rest in net. The net spreader rolls are a bit touchy for some reason.

I have a 'thing' about equipment (tractors not included), I like to upgrade every few years. Keeps my balance sheet looking good.
Utilizing your theory "keeps balance sheet looking good" do you also keep track of you baler cost per bale?

I can attest a wider pickup is much better than narrower PU especially on a JD rd baler. My current JD rd baler had 4000 bales on it when I purchased it in '05 from my neighbor to get a baler with netwrap attachment. It now has 27442 bales on it & I have no intention of trading it for a new baler. JD rd baler I sold to get this baler had 30,000 bales on the monitor.

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer?
I always run both net and twine on a round bailer. That way, if one has issues, I can switch to the other immediately. Been there and did that before.

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #14  
My JD 467 rd baler is capable of utilizing net or twine but the twine function hasn't been utilized baling since it rolled off the assembly line. I dislike removing twine from rd bales. If my baler netwrap attachment stopped operating correctly I'd repair the problem. My rd baler cost per bale would be $0.80 if I sent my baler to scrap yard

Last edited:
   / Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #15  
I removed the twine from my first 2 NH balers day one. Stuff is useless as teats on a boar hog. ;)
I ended up using the twine ball compartments to store my grease gun, a 12x12 tarp and bungee cords and chain oils which is a much better use than twine.
Newest baler has no twine, just net

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #16  
My JD 467 rd baler is capable of utilizing net or twine but the twine function hasn't been utilized baling since it rolled off the assembly line. I dislike removing twine from rd bales. If my baler netwrap attachment stopped operating correctly I'd repair the problem. My rd baler cost per bale would be $0.80 if I sent my baler to scrap yard
That is extremely low and noteworthy. Have your repairs been reasonable?
You'd have to make 40,000 bales with zero repairs to get to a buck a bale on a new silage special round baler.

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #17  
Your $1 per bale baler cost for new silage baler isn't exactly correct because even a later model baler with 40K bale count should have significant resell value. One thing contributing to my balers low cost per bale is the fact that my baler has never been repaired by a dealer. I save that $130 per hr charge by supervising my own equipment repairs.

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #18  
Your $1 per bale baler cost for new silage baler isn't exactly correct because even a later model baler with 40K bale count should have significant resell value. One thing contributing to my balers low cost per bale is the fact that my baler has never been repaired by a dealer. I save that $130 per hr charge by supervising my own equipment repairs.
Yeah, what I mean if it had 40k bales, but was pretty well shot. We see balers up here ready for the scrap heap with 40k bales or even less on them, but I get what youre saying. If a silage special was in corn stalks up here it would typically be very rough

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #19  
Good point! I forget about the number of corn stalks baled up North. I've baled a few 1000 stalk bales & understand the accelerated wear vs baling grass hay.

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #20  
I’m jealous of farmers in the southern 1/2, they get to farm longer and their equipment lasts longer (most of the time) ;)

Last edited: