Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer?

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Curious as I'm looking to replace my NH 450 Utility Net / twine bailer with a Kubota bailer. Curious about the in cab controls and the density adjustments.

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #2  
FYI: NH has in cab density and in cab moisture readouts. You no longer looking at NH? Or just beginning to look at others?

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer?
Just looking, time to upgrade equipment. Gonna sell the 575 too, or trade it in. Now is the time.

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #4  
It is a great time. The NHs have upgraded features now, too. Thought this would be the year to upgrade my large square baler but hay doesn’t pay enough to spend THAT much money.

Last edited:
Not something that interests me at all. Too many operators around here with Bale Barons anyway. I can contract it much cheaper than owning one. Besides, I prefer rounds and so does my customer.

Idiot cubes are just that. All work and poor return when factoring in all the labor and storage and dealing with as you put it 'horsey people'. Been there, did that, not going back so the 575 leaves this year. it's a nice ready to rock bailer, always kept inside, always serviced but I don't use it anymore so why keep it. it's just depreciating.

Have to see what kind of deal I can do on a Kubota. Don't want chopper knives but I still prefer dual operation (twine / net). Not overly fond of the in cab controls, I like the NH bale command much better.

Leaning towards a Kubota bailer because of my relationship with my dealer. One, he's a lot closer than the NH dealer and two, the NH dealer is one of those conglomerate outlets and I'm not fond of the 'supermarket' approach. Why I don't do green. All the green dealers around here and the conglomerate ones and most of them go through employees like water so that tells me, most of the technicians don't know squat. Not an issue with my Kubota dealer, he has no turnover at all.

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #6  
When you say “idiot cubes” did you think I meant a small square baler? I haven’t done small squares for 12 years.
I’m talking about replacing my large square baler, it makes 1,500-2,000 pound 4x4x8‘ bales. Lol

1619435518703.png

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #7  
May I ask how many bales has your NH 450 made? Have you experienced any problems with the sledge rollers or associated drive parts? There a member on another discussion forum I frequent that really likes his Kubota rd baler

/ Anyone running a New Kubota round bailer? #8  
No experience running a Kubota round baler, too new and too much $$$ for me, but local orange dealers seem to move a lot of them. NH and Deere owned the market pretty well otherwise.

May I ask how many bales has your NH 450 made? Have you experienced any problems with the sledge rollers or associated drive parts? There a member on another discussion forum I frequent that really likes his Kubota rd baler
No issues really except I prefer a wider pickup. Offhand, I'd say I've made 4000 with it so far. Maybe 20% in twine and the rest in net. The net spreader rolls are a bit touchy for some reason.

I have a 'thing' about equipment (tractors not included), I like to upgrade every few years. Keeps my balance sheet looking good.

When you say “idiot cubes” did you think I meant a small square baler? I haven’t done small squares for 12 years.
I’m talking about replacing my large square baler, it makes 1,500-2,000 pound 4x4x8‘ bales. Lol

View attachment 696129
Around here, that thing is about as useful as teats on a boar hog.