Anyone own a 8540/9540

/ Anyone own a 8540/9540 #1  

threeman

Silver Member
Just wondering if anyone owns a 85 or 9540 that has compared it too a NHTN series or TL series for size? I can read the specs but I would rather someone give me there on site opinion of how much wider they think it is and how uch taller. How much bigger is the overall apperence?

/ Anyone own a 8540/9540 #2  
I've been comparing them for purchase, I don't know the numbers but the TN is smaller than the M85/9540 and the TL is bigger.

The TN's have very low overall height and the tranny protrudes into the cab floor. The fenders are extremely tight to the tires and I don't think you'd get a set of chains on. The cab is similar in size to the M85/9540

The TL100 for example is more PTO hp and heavier, and taller, and the cab is much wider.

/ Anyone own a 8540/9540 #3  
what are you looking to do with the 9540 I own one along with five other kubota's, I can most likely help you.

/ Anyone own a 8540/9540 #4  
I am also looking at a M9540.Care to share your thoughts?

/ Anyone own a 8540/9540 #5  
Has anyone looked at the Kubota M95S. I was told for Ag uses this a great deal for the money. The few used ones I have seen have sold VERY quickly.
Myself, I am looking for a used M9000 Cab. My purchase is still 12 to 16 months out but they too are a good deal for the pto hp.
Dave

/ Anyone own a 8540/9540 #6  
I can't say enough good about the m9540 it is comfortable and powerful very well thought out. As a matter of fact the kubota engineers came from japan and spoke with me and many other owner/full time operators and ask questions on what we thought the new tractor design should have, and low and behold when I bought mine it seemed as though they had custom built it just for me, every change I had ask for was done. Such as mowing the exhaust over to the pillar, moving the ac system in and under the cab, making the ac condensing unit on a slide out, making the remote handles in a easy to use place (i mow with a batwing all day long) adding a real park lock. and many more. If you have any more specific questions let me know.

/ Anyone own a 8540/9540 #7  
I own a 8540 open station. It is two wheel drive, with a la1353 loader. We bale hay with a jd 336 kicker baler. The tractor also has rear weight's and front weight's when the loader is off. The tractor has plenty of power to pull the baler and a full kicker wagon, even on hills. Looking foward to summer as i have just bought a 9 foot discbine. This winter i have moved lots of snow piles. It gets around very well with ring chains on. You won't be sorry with either tractor. P.S. It also starts very well, even when temperatures are below zero with no block heater.

/ Anyone own a 8540/9540 #8  
threeman said:
Just wondering if anyone owns a 85 or 9540 that has compared it too a NHTN series or TL series for size? I can read the specs but I would rather someone give me there on site opinion of how much wider they think it is and how uch taller. How much bigger is the overall apperence?
Stay away from used ones and last year 2006 models first out. Too many problems to discuss with mine. Search Muleskinner M7040 issues with wiring, etc. I'd like the Japanese engineers to come here and see my pastures full of green! I have had eight Kubotas' and everyone of them has had something wrong with them. Negs, Negs, Negs. You'd think I learn my lesson and change my name.

/ Anyone own a 8540/9540 #9  
I've just got 300 hours on my M9540 but I've baled 500 5 1/2'X4' bales, mowed with 15' batwing, moved and stacked bales and drug dead tree logs to the burn pile. This tractor has handled all of these better than my old and heavier NH did. I've had lots of problems over the past with my NH and the lack of support from the Ford NH folks so they lost my business.
Allaboutmowing- Are you the one that told them to put the only cup holder behind the driver seat and eliminate any glovebox? :)