Anyone make a one man FEL lift?

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift?
You can rent a trailer mounted boom-lift pretty cheap. I like them so much that I bought one. 15' is not that high. Can you mount a standard 3pt boom pole to the loader bucket to get the fan up there and then configure the fan from a ladder ?
Ok to ask about your boom lift, price, etc.?
I was thinking of that also.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #12  
Ok to ask about your boom lift, price, etc.?
I was thinking of that also.
Around here, you can rent a 35' towed boom lift for $160ish per day. Much safer than a tractor contraption.

Aaron Z

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #13  
I'd go for the scaffolding. You can put it on wheels and 15' is not that high for scaffolding. You can use the tractor to lift materials onto the scaffolding.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #14  
JLG T350. Had been a Home Depot rental. A fellow bought it for putting up siding and then was moving south. I had to get a judge assign me ownership so I could get a legal title (and a license plate). $7,000.

I use it to put up windmill towers, service them, paint the barn, trim trees, Christmas lights, hang large signs on my buildings for decorations. I made up JLG T350 Model.jpga jib crane to plug into the boom mast instead of the basket. (Its a factory option). Mine is electric (batteries), has self leveling feature, and will not let you go where it might get tippy.

When he mentioned "cupola" I remember hoisting a heavy cupola up to the garage peak with it. The only other way I could have gotten it up there was to build it at the peak. Max load capacity 500 lbs (includes operator if they are in the basket. However, it also depends on the reach. The load cells know the footpad forces. when one or more get too light for comfort, it stops you. Includes battery charger. And, I have never run out of battery reserve. Auxillary lines for 120b, air and power washing wand up in the bucket. Can be equipped with a small generator, too.

Attachments

• JLG_Reach.GIF
    JLG_Reach.GIF
    11.9 KB · Views: 152
   / Anyone make a one man FEL lift?
Titan has this for $283. I have pallet forks for bucket. I think that on forks strapped securely to bucket would be safe?51oKD4Jc%2BcL._AC_SY400_.jpg

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #17  
DSC04634.JPG

I found this lying in the scrap at a friends place. It came off a snowmobile trail groomer. I welded fork pockets onto it. Between the added height and using a pole saw, you can get up quite high to trim trees. Good for X-Mas lights too. Biggest drawback is you need two people and one that can run the machine smoothly.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #18  
My garage stored tractor is six years old.

In the last 18 months two Loader hydraulic lines have blown out, dropping the bucket to the ground instantly.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #19  
Instantly? I want to buy a 4x4 Diesel Genie Lift. Curious if they have any safeguard against hose failure.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #20  
Instantly? I want to buy a 4x4 Diesel Genie Lift. Curious if they have any safeguard against hose failure.

Real man lifts and cranes do. They have a box on the cylinder that won’t let fluid out without pressure on the other side.