Anyone make a one man FEL lift?

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
In a few weeks I need to install a large fan in a cupola.
My tractor FEL works great me getting in bucket cutting high limbs or extension ladder in it.
I raise it where I want, easy to climb up and in. This cupola project is 15 ft. up. Floor is concrete (level). With backhoe on that gives lots of rear weight plus I can use stabilizers.
Has anyone fabricated a working lift for bucket? I could simply strap a 4x8 sheet of plywood to it. Any ideas appreciated.
I'll have quite a bit of measuring, cutting, bolting things, wiring to do.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #2  
My tractor FEL works great me getting in bucket cutting high limbs or extension ladder in it.
I raise it where I want, easy to climb up and in. This cupola project is 15 ft. up. Floor is concrete (level). With backhoe on that gives lots of rear weight plus I can use stabilizers.
Has anyone fabricated a working lift for bucket? I could simply strap a 4x8 sheet of plywood to it. Any ideas appreciated.

Sorry to be contrary but I would rent some construction scaffolding...

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #3  
Some of use the IBC Tote cages for low projects. I use it for hedge trimming for example, but never more than 4' or so above ground. I wouldn't even consider it for 15'.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift?
I thought of that also. The advantage of tractor I was thinking is I can load things on it, raise it up where I need it.
I forgot to mention I have a body safety harness I bought a few years ago that I could easily strap to a rafter.
Scaffolding probably safer, but this may be more versatile? Right now just getting ideas. Thanks!

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #5  
My loaders all have quick attaches for different buckets as well as forks.

This is the man lift I made for forks.

IMG_6744.jpg

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #6  
I would use an IBC tote cage at minimum. I would also chain the bucket or forks (so it can't dump you out) and clamp a piece of angle to the loader lift cylinder (so that it can't drop).

Aaron Z

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #7  
You can rent a trailer mounted boom-lift pretty cheap. I like them so much that I bought one. 15' is not that high. Can you mount a standard 3pt boom pole to the loader bucket to get the fan up there and then configure the fan from a ladder ?

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #8  
you can just get a long 2x2 and duct tape it to the loader stick so you can operate it "remotely" :laughing:

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift?
You can rent a trailer mounted boom-lift pretty cheap. I like them so much that I bought one. 15' is not that high. Can you mount a standard 3pt boom pole to the loader bucket to get the fan up there and then configure the fan from a ladder ?
Lots of ways to do it, I don't like working off of ladders much over about 8ft at my age.