Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #1  

threeman

Silver Member
See subject?

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #2  
The 400 series is basicly a refined and enlarged version of one of one of the best tractors of all time, the MF 135.

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #3  
I have a 4wd 492 cab tractor. These are basic tractors with out electronic frills. They offer the best horsepower per dollar that I could find in the 80 - 90 hp range along with top of the line hyd output. Time proven(though basic) transmissions along with Perkins power and 3K less than blue and 5k less than green in my area convinced me. I've had the tractor for 6 months (spring haying, pasture renavation, and now working on bushhogging crp ) and I like the value better each day. Still hasen't replaced my old 1130 as my favorite though! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #4  
Forgot to add that if you are anywhere near W Tn, I would give you the # of a "hungry" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif new dealer who beat all other prices.

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #5  
The 3pt hitch on those tractors are outdated. The Ferguson lift system was great 50 years ago. Kind of like the black & white tv. Both are about as useful today. If you want to pull a turnplow it works fine. If you want to attach a scissor lift and move round bales good luck. I tried that at an AGCO dealership (where I used to work) with a new 4225 4wd and it wouldn't lift the bale or the front of the tractor off the ground. AGCO finally woke up and dropped Harry from their upper lines. It is now available only on the economy tractors. This will surely offend someone, but that is not my intention.

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #6  
If that 4225 wouldn't lift a round bale, there was something bad wrong with that specific tractor. The MF 461 is rated to lift 2711 lbs at 24" from the balls. The MF 471 is rated to lift 3212 lbs at 24" behind the balls. These tractors will lift that much. I have seen many of them lift large wet bales on both ends, no problem at all.

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #7  
The bale was 5 x 6 and weighed approximately 1 ton. Don't forget it was a scissor lift which by design carries a bale farther behind the tractor than normal. I also attached it to two more tractors. A 1085 and 3060. The 1085 also had problems. It managed to barely lift the bale off the ground. The 3060 faired much better(no ferguson system). It lifted the bale with ease.

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #8  
Just exactly what do you think the Ferguson system is?

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #9  
Jerry, you act like a family member has been insulted when something negative is posted about MF products. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The 3060 has an electronically controlled lift with external lift cylinders(once again NO ferguson system) that was first implemented on the 4000 series articulated tractors.

Almost forgot;

http://www.ytmag.com/articles/artint261.htm

/ Anyone here give comments on 461 or 471 MF tractor #10  
Todd,
No I don't come to the front when something is said bad about MF unless the information is incorrect. If I don't know what I am talking about, I don't talk on a thread. I don't post false information. I may ask questions or state that I THINK that it may be this way or that. What we have here is false information being posted.
The Ferguson System for you and anyone else that is not aware is the "Three Point System". Most if not all tractors for the last thirty to forty years have used this system until you get up into the higher horsepower tractors that tow only. If they didn't you would have a very hard time putting a scissors lift on them.