Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #761  
Lots of humming birds here in S.Vt this year. Dang ! They will be dive bombing one another one minute, then setting on the outdoor table the next. I think the population is in good shape so far!

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?
Lots of humming birds here in S.Vt this year. Dang ! They will be dive bombing one another one minute, then setting on the outdoor table the next. I think the population is in good shape so far!
Have you had any reports of bird flu around there?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #763  
We had six last night. More are probably on the way.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #764  
My first hummers showed up about a week ago. A tad early this year. Looks like two or three pair.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #765  
I think we have more than last year. The feeders are going dry faster then normal.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #766  
Last year we had more than normal. So far this year, they are scarce.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #767  
Birds pass avian flu in part from saliva. All the more reason to keep your feeders clean. No rest for the weary here, consumption remains at 1-1/2 quarts a day. Two sets of feeders, so fresh clean feeders go up with fresh sugar water every day. I exchange the feeders while they cut my hair.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #768  
Hummers arrived here last week. I have 8 feeders set up. 6 outside the windows of the family room and 2 outside my home office. I have a question. I see pics of many hummers at the same feeder. My hummers are very territorial, and will chase all other hummers away from the feeder they have claimed. How is it some feed together in peace, but mine won't?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #769  
Mine are quite territorial and aggressive also.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #770  
I think it might vary with species. The rufous are very aggressive and combative, while the annas are not. The only problem at the anna feeder is when a little cock decides he wants all the females. Other than that, they feed together with little problem. Often the whole feeder is full. The rufous on the other side of the house rarely have two birds feeding at the same time.