Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #651  
Temperatures here are way above normal for this time of year. It hit 66 degrees yesterday! The annas are acting like it's spring. Most years by now I have done the dawn patrol to replace frozen feeders with liquid. We haven't had a single hard frost, and it's freaking December, three weeks shy of the solstice.
I was over in Myrtle Point yesterday driving rt 42 with the windows open at 67 degrees and bright sunlite.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #652  
Friend in Walla Walla said it was 70 at their house. Crazy and scary at the same time.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #653  
Temperatures here are way above normal for this time of year. It hit 66 degrees yesterday! The annas are acting like it's spring. Most years by now I have done the dawn patrol to replace frozen feeders with liquid. We haven't had a single hard frost, and it's freaking December, three weeks shy of the solstice.
We had a very mild fall here, but it's been more seasonal the last 2-3 weeks, several inches of snow on the ground now. Hummingbirds long gone, not many of the usual birds either...a couple woodpeckers and a few chickadees, that's it.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #654  
If you have a cabin at the top of the Big Island in Hawaii, you are getting 12" of snow this weekend with 100 mph winds. If you live 30 miles away on the shore, it will be 75!

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #655  
Another sunny day and no rain. Washington has been pretty wet, but the drought continues. 1.78" for the whole month of November, and nothing for the last 3 weeks except a couple of 0.1" days.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #656  
I must be the only one in the area keeping feeders rotated inside/outside to keep them thawed. Outside temperature has been in the low 20s since Saturday and will be for ~a week or so. A feeder put out at 7 AM this morning was nearly empty by noon. Neighbor's birds must be all at my place.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?
I must be the only one in the area keeping feeders rotated inside/outside to keep them thawed. Outside temperature has been in the low 20s since Saturday and will be for ~a week or so. A feeder put out at 7 AM this morning was nearly empty by noon. Neighbor's birds must be all at my place.
Your attention to detail and attraction to the birds is why your feeders are so popular. Birds are at your place because that's where they get treated best.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #658  
doing the same on the backside of Mt Rainier. My wife is getting attacked with hungry hummers everytime she goes out with a new one :)

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #659  
There is always fighting but yesterday I saw one bird peck the head of another bird while the first one was feeding. There were about 4 birds on that feeder at the time, yet the feeder 10 feet away did not have any birds on it. I have seldom seen pecking or they do it too fast for me to notice.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #660  
My feeders did not freeze last night, but I put the warm ones out anyway prior to sun-up. Quite a swarm at sunrise. I bet I have more birds next year as a result of neighbor's neglect this year. (y)