Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #641  
We have one type (Annas Hummingbird) that lives here year around. Fun to see them even in the snow (which we rarely get). Our mild marine climate is the reason they can survive.
Yep... year around here. Now I am in the market for a new feeder. Had one break (my fault put too hot of water in the glass), the other nice glass feeder is suffering from UV exposure. The plastic flowers are falling apart allowing bees to get in. Down to my plastic container one that is a POS for multiple reasons.

I like glass container with a big mouth for cleaning.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #642  
Yep... year around here. Now I am in the market for a new feeder. Had one break (my fault put too hot of water in the glass), the other nice glass feeder is suffering from UV exposure. The plastic flowers are falling apart allowing bees to get in. Down to my plastic container one that is a POS for multiple reasons.

I like glass container with a big mouth for cleaning.
I take mine apart as far as I can, hit them with a toothbrush and dish soap, then soak them in a bleach sanitizing solution. I change feeders when they start to get yeasty, but with good sanitation they can last several days of cool weather. I cook the syrup just a little richer in stormy weather.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #644  
Interesting. Do their beaks get glued shut or do they go on a sugar high? Joking of course.....

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #645  
Haven't seen any in a week. Still have feeders out for any stragglers.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #646  
Keep your feeders clean and with fresh nectar. This time of year the bees and other bugs are looking to easy places to feed and bed down. My hummers seem to yield to the other bugs if I let it go 'stale'.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #648  
We just had one today. But, they are getting more scarce.

MoKelly
^^ A hummingbird procrastinator?

I am down around 1/2 cup a day consumption. Last winter leveled out at around 1/4 cup a day for the year long residents. So there must still be some migratory birds here but most seem to have left.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #649  
We are going through about twice the winter feed rate this year for the resident Annas. I hope the little guys keep boozing it up. 👍👍

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #650  
We are going through about twice the winter feed rate this year for the resident Annas. I hope the little guys keep boozing it up. 👍👍
Temperatures here are way above normal for this time of year. It hit 66 degrees yesterday! The annas are acting like it's spring. Most years by now I have done the dawn patrol to replace frozen feeders with liquid. We haven't had a single hard frost, and it's freaking December, three weeks shy of the solstice.