Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ?

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #11  
That one looks nice. But it has the same 4 holes in the back. I used sidewalk bolts (flat head) and rubber washers to seal them up.
What did you do with the SMV sign holder?

And how do you like that MX5800 !
I keep a box of these around for plugging holes:

In this case, I use a bit of silicone sealer to make them water tight.

The MX5800 is a great machine. I have the BH92 hoe and do all my earth work with it

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #12  
I just grabbed a box of those. Here is mine mounted > the color is not perfect but certainly close enough. For $27 I'm happy

Attachments

• IMG_2782.JPG
    IMG_2782.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2781.JPG
    IMG_2781.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 97
   / Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #13  
Ammo can from Harbor Freight and some Massey red spray paint and a decal off of Ebay. Two "L" brackets bolted to the existing holes on the loader arms.
20220604_143802.jpg

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #14  
I just grabbed a box of those. Here is mine mounted > the color is not perfect but certainly close enough. For $27 I'm happy
Yeah, the orange box color is a closer match for the old Kubota paint but it's quite a bit lighter than the color they use now. I thought about repainting but it gets so crudded up, I really don't notice the difference.

With the BH92 hoe mounted on the MX, there isn't enough clearance between the back of the seat and the ROPS to use that location. I had to use the location shown in my pics above. I'm not wild about having the box in that low outside location since it is in harms way. So far I've managed to keep it from being torn off though.

I like your location much better.

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #15  
I use a similar sized tool box from Tractor Supply on my MX5800. It was an easy swap for the old plastic OEM box:

View attachment 762259 View attachment 762260
I have the same one except blue. I forgot where I got it but was probably Amazon. I keep a few pins and hand tools wrapped in rag. I keep a strap I use for each driven implement in there after attached. The strap keeps the PTO shaft out of the dirt when parked.

Tool Box.jpg

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #16  
Replaced the useless Kubota box with something more useful.

Attachments

• 09FD2A4D-611C-408E-A9AF-AB1A417747FF.jpeg
    09FD2A4D-611C-408E-A9AF-AB1A417747FF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
   / Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #17  
Don't carry anything in my tool box other than hitch pins and lynch pins and maybe a spare pair of gloves. Each of my implements has it's own tool box and manual holder.

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #18  
Replaced the useless Kubota box with something more useful.
:D - a full on Kennedy tool box. That works. I wanted to keep the low profile so it would not reduce the rear visibility when hooking up implements. You won't be wanting more space, you could carry your tools and your lunch in that box :)

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #19  
I put 3 on mine an ammo can on the left side where a step would be, another on the rear fender for tools, and i built a shelf with a wood tray that mounts between the roll bar up high so i can look under it, i keep my chainsaw and other tools up their,

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #20  
I put 3 on mine an ammo can on the left side where a step would be, another on the rear fender for tools, and i built a shelf with a wood tray that mounts between the roll bar up high so i can look under it, i keep my chainsaw and other tools up their,
Pictures or it didn't happen - Like to see this chainsaw shelf