Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ?

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #1  

Vmax540

Bronze Member
Tractor
2009 TYM T330
T330 Looking for ideas for a tool box enclosure to mount behind fuel tank above the three point big enough to put chainsaw and a tow chain. Thank you !

Attachments

• Rt Rear.jpg
    Rt Rear.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 191
   / Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #2  
A separate chainsaw scabbard/mount would probably be easier than attaching a gigantic tool box, no?

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ?
A separate chainsaw scabbard/mount would probably be easier than attaching a gigantic tool box, no?

Good thought, although I need to carry bar oil, hatchet,wedges, refreshments....

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #4  
Carry them in one of your buckets. Seems to me you can't do all that work at the same time. :laughing:

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #7  
Finished near dark so no pics until tomorrow. I put a 4x4x16 metal tool box on the MX5200 in place of the smaller gray plastic box seen at the left. I looked at so many boxes I went cross-eyed and picked one. My requirements= Bigger than stock but not so big it would restrict my view when hooking up implements when mounted in the OEM spot.
The original PLASTIC box is 2x4x12. I had to remove the SMV sign bracket. It will remount on the ROPS.

Attachments

• toolbox.PNG
    toolbox.PNG
    312.4 KB · Views: 92
   / Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #8  
I use a similar sized tool box from Tractor Supply on my MX5800. It was an easy swap for the old plastic OEM box:

P1060251.JPG
P1060252.JPG

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #9  
That one looks nice. But it has the same 4 holes in the back. I used sidewalk bolts (flat head) and rubber washers to seal them up.
What did you do with the SMV sign holder?

And how do you like that MX5800 !

/ Anyone add a tool box to their tractor ? #10