Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH?

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #1  

wstr75

Gold Member
I recently bought an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH (2002 model) tractor. It is an open station tractor. Would like to compare notes with another 4400 owner.
Bill in NC

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #2  
The closest Antonio Carraro dealer to VT is in Maine...AND HE IS RETIRING...:rolleyes:

So are you having problems or just questions...

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH?
Paul, thanks for the reply. My original post was to flush out other Antonio Carraro 4400 owners out there in TractorByNet land. I bought my Antonio Carraro from a fellow down in Florida and had it brought up to NC two months ago. Cute tractor with some neat features. My tractor has a sick hydraulic system and after messing around with seal softening stuff, I've been able to get the leaks slowed down somewhat. The problem appears to be a shot hydraulic pump as the lift and steering is still much slower than it should be. The steering is done by means of a gerotor valve supplied by the same hydraulic pump that works the lift and remotes. Replacing the tractor's Lamborghini hydraulic pump will be a winter-time project.

I got the Carraro to use in cutting grass on step hillsides. It is a stable and nimble tractor. The nearest Carraro dealer to me is up near Charlottesville, VA which is about a 3.25 hour drive from where I live in NC. Will be buying parts from them and, if it gets too hard for me to fix, I'll get some local tractor whizzes to fix this little Red tractor. I have a shop manual with excellent step-by-step instructions, so it looks like we will be able to keep this baby running. I talked with an orchard operator who uses several Antonio Carraro tractors and he said they were reliable tractors and his help likes them.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #4  
So this guy isn't closer?

NORTH CAROLINA:

Bowers Implement Co. Inc.

Phone: (704) 983-2161

Fax: (704) 983-3006

Allen Bowers

E-Mail: bowersimp2@ctc.net

338 Hwy 24-27 Bypass East
Albemarle, NC. 28001

The Antonio Carraro America folks say that company no longer distributes their products.
Bill in NC

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #6  
Dear Bill,
I just happened to see your post. I also have a Carraro 4400 HST as well as a 3800HST and a 5500 articulated. I really like the 4400 and use it for mowing as well as a few other tasks. I deal with Northeast Equipment on Long Island and have found them to be very helpful.
Parts are readily available from Carraro via NE Equipment. I've done my own servicing, but I haven't had to do anything too serious. I did have to replace a couple hydraulic lines that were inconveniently threaded through the interior of the machine. The drawback of such a compact tractor is that accessibility can be pretty tight.
I use both a 6' TriMax front mount flail mower and a five foot Woods brush hog. I push the brush hog and rather than pull it and it works well that way.
Walter

Walter, thanks for your response. Yes, it looks quite tight up underneath the chassis where the hydraulic pump and other hydraulic controls are located. It is good to hear your 4400 handles a 6 foot flail mower. Just curious, what kind of farming or commercial operation are you running with your Carraro tractors? Did you choose them because of their low center of gravity, narrow width or what?

Bill in NC

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #8  
Bill,
I really like the Carraro because its powerful and pretty light. I don't think you can roll it...it will slide instead, at least with turf tires. I was using the 5500 to pull a 7 foot 2500lb brush hog this week. It did the job well. The tractor chassis oscillates as well as articulates so its like riding on the back of a sure-footed ox.

It's hard to imagine these machines lasting as long as my neighbor's John Deere, but if you have the right work, they'll do a great job.

The front mounted flail makes short work of mowing on slopes or flats, rain or shine. Only bad thing about TriMax is that they gave up selling the flails in the US. It is many cuts above anything else I've tried.

Good luck and keep in touch.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #9  
Hey!

This is my brand! I'm the NW Regional Rep. If you need anything let me know, I'll connect you up with the nearest dealer/parts supplier we have or I'll get you what you need myself and have Don at HQ send you the parts straight away. Plus I can help with advise.... and for what I don't know, I have books and a tech department to supplement that help with!

You couldn't get a better hill and slope tractor!

Chaio!

Paula

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #10  
PS,,,, Leaks are the death nil of any Carraro Tractor. So getting those repaired as soon as possible is absolutely the best advice I could give anyone with a carraro.