Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH?

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #71  
OK, I agree with that that older tractors are better built than this new ones.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #72  
I do not think the pump is broken because it worked ok before and because for a few minutes it worked normally yesterday. Then when we tried again it did not work. So probably the pump has problems with sucking oil. I just do not understand that if it worked dry there should be some sound but there is none. And altogether it did not work dry for more than 15 minutes.
I will get a new filter and than try again.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #73  
I have heard on some tractors people try pressurizing the supply reservoir with a little bit of air pressure. I have never done this but it might help the pump get oil to start pumping on its own. Good luck.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #74  
Thank you for the advice.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #75  
Try to get a OEM filter. Some hydraulic systems use a filter on the suction side and some aftermarket filters, even though they will fit, they are intended to be used on the return side. Therefore they are fitted with a check valve inside. If this filter would be installed on the suction side of the pump, the check valve will prevent the pump to pull the fluid.

I've seen tractor owners burning pumps due to this exact problem.

A good test, would be, somehow bypass the filter system just to check if the pump will pull oil or not.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #76  
OK, I wil try what can be done. What kind of filter is OEM?

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #77  
The problem stil stands and the thing is that we manage to get the tractor going it goes normally but then when you shut it down and leave it stand it again will not work. And you can hear like the oil would go back to the reservoir. Is there some kind of a valve that is suppose to close so the would not go back and the pump would not have troubles every time?

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #78  
The funny thing is, when we shake the tractor when the gear is involved it starts moving and everything is working normally. When you shut it down and leave it stand for a while it wont work again.
It must be some kind of a valve but where is it?

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #79  
You should call the Carraro Distributor in WA state. They are in Okanogan, WA, part of Washington Tractor. I will be one of their service guys (or parts dept.) can answer the question. The other person who might be of help is Eugene Canales at Ferrari Tractor CIE in Gridley Calif. He has been selling Carraro tractors for many years and knows them pretty well.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH?
My Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH would not start because the starter would not engage. I pulled the starter off and found the bendix drive was rusted together. Nippon Denso makes the starter and what I learned was Denso made numerous versions of their starters including several versions for the Yanmar 3TNV88 engine in the 4400 TTH. I pulled the entire starter apart, cleaned-up the starter bendix drive components and got the bearings spinning freely again. The end of the story is the tractor now cranks up effortlessly. Some information for other 4400 TTH owners should they have their starter stop working:
a. You have to remove the hood latch, the muffler and pull the steel mesh material aside to get at the starter.
b. Youtube videos on rebuilding Denso starters are your friend
c. Initially I thought I'd have to remove the hydraulic line to the pump to create space for pulling the starter away from the flywheel. It was not required as the starter can rotate away from flywheel without needing to be pulled backwards.
d. Don't forget (like I did) to plug-in the solenoid wire plug set into the rectangular plug on the starter. It is far easier to do it prior to bolting on the starter than afterwards.

After putting the starter back on the tractor, it fired up the engine on the first try. I came back five minutes later and got no response, no sound, no nothing. I figured it was the ignition switch. The ignition switch was pulled out and each connection was cleaned then re-plugged onto the ignition switch posts. The entire assembly was then sprayed down with Strike-Hold. We use Strike-Hold at work on our electric motors as it has excellent dialectric properties, lubrication and corrosion protection. It turns out corrosion on the ignition terminals was the culprit and the tractor starts first time, every time the switch is turned on.