Anybody get Shocked After ordering?

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #31  
There is so much to learn here that I don't have any idea where a person would begin.

One thing does stand out, though. If dealers are important to a fellow's tractoring, then local dealers are even more so.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #32  
Did you receive a number from the dealer for the price protection plan?

Read the last line of your post.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #33  
Pure money grab by the dealership. Period, Supply and Demand. Pretty sure in the contract it will have clauses in regards to unseen pricing. You want it? It is called capitalism at it's finest.
Sad but true. Everything has skyrocket same with profits. Little guy pays it.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #35  
This is a unfortunate situation and could be multiple people to blame. At the end of the day I would not want to involve lawyers as it will likely just cost more money and still not have a tractor. I would try to get my deposit back and look at other brands. No one is going to win in this situation.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #36  
Had similar happen and closed the deal under protest.

The moment we were done my friend reached into his coat and served notice.

My small claim filing named the owners of the dealership, the corporation, all the staff involved and the manufacturer…

The look was priceless…

I then explained in order to prevail in court I had to prove my damages and by closing under protest at the inflated price I just did…

Also attached the business card of a lawyer I know but lawyers not allowed in small claims in my state.

Thanked them for my tractor and said see you in court.

The next day I got a call saying it was all a misunderstanding as the original sales person was no longer there but my price would be honored…

Also took pictures as many new buyers do and provided a print out of the contact for the local consumer reporter, the state bureau of consumer affairs, the Better Business Bureau and the letter I had prepared to send to the Farm Bureau…

Completing the purchase under protest did two things… it showed I was serious and put me in the strongest position to prevail which is my guess as to why their legal said settle.

Disclaimers… I’m not a lawyer and this did not involve Kubota.

I do have years of experience as a California State Certified Consumer Arbitrator

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #37  
Posts like this OP having issues like this, confirms my business practice of buying either used privately, or whatever is already on the lot, brand new from a dealership, so it eliminates any waiting period whatsoever, and the deal gets done right away, so none of this BS can be tried by anybody. Here,s my offer, yes or no, and it must be done to-day, within 1/2 an hour. Do your homework ahead of time, and be ready to sign on the dotted line, at whatever price you agree to. It would drive me absolutely insane waiting and wondering, for months or years on end, and have to be faced with BS like the OP is going thru. Personally I would be telling the dealer to stuff that tractor sideways, were the sun don,t shine. I hate theivery.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #38  
There is so much to learn here that I don't have any idea where a person would begin.

One thing does stand out, though. If dealers are important to a fellow's tractoring, then local dealers are even more so.
Why is the dealer so important when the corporate office immediately points out that the dealer is an independent?

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #39  
Why is the dealer so important when the corporate office immediately points out that the dealer is an independent?

Wouldn’t that explain exactly why the dealer is so important?
I have 3 Kubota dealers within an hour or so of my house, 2 of them are great, and still have good old fashioned service, and handshake deals.
The other one feels like a corporate auto mall setting, and I wouldn’t go back there ever, even if they had lower prices.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #40  
This is definately a dealer issue, I shopped locally last year when I was looking for a compact track loader and prices were anywhere from 5 to 9k higher than I could get it from a dealer about 3 hours away, I put down 7k to order the machine I wanted and was assured that a price increase was coming but that I was locked in to the agreed upon price, I got a phone call from my salesperson notifying me that the price increase did happen but he had already had the owner fill out whatever necessary paperwork was required to hold my price, I received another phone call letting me know that it had shipped then a phone call to let me know it had arrived and that they had done a pre-delivery service/inspection and that I could come pick it up. So overall I had a very good experience with the Kubota dealer that I bought from.