Any Pilots On Here??

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #161  
Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment!

I have 1,100 hours of pilot in command time in a Cessna 182 (with retractable gear.) Just for fun one year, my wife and I flew it to the Arctic Circle and back. It is a great airplane that will serve you well.

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #162  
Congrats on SEL rating.

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #164  
Good morning fellow pilots.....ad me to the list of Private Pilot now. Got my ticket October 4th! It is as great as you said it would be!
Way to go Red, enjoy your flights. It is so much fun to fly. I once landed at Russellville KY, nice airport.

For anybody with young kids in their life there is a kids book on Amazon called “The Magic of Flying With Grandpa”. A good story about two kids on a sightseeing venture with grandpa in a Cessna aircraft. Fun story, kids seem to like it.

/ Any Pilots On Here??
Way to go Red, enjoy your flights. It is so much fun to fly. I once landed at Russellville KY, nice airport.

For anybody with young kids in their life there is a kids book on Amazon called “The Magic of Flying With Grandpa”. A good story about two kids on a sightseeing venture with grandpa in a Cessna aircraft. Fun story, kids seem to like it.

That (Russellville) is very close to where I trained and actually did all of my night training out of there. My primary training site couldn't do night because it is grass with no lights. Learned on grass, glad I did!

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #166  
That (Russellville) is very close to where I trained and actually did all of my night training out of there. My primary training site couldn't do night because it is grass with no lights. Learned on grass, glad I did!

Also learned on a grass field, actually it was a tractor road in a hay field.
My 1st AC was a Piper J3 and that field suited it just fine.
1st instructor was a former bush pilot and he taught me all sorts of cool tricks that served me well later.

J3 was great fun but terribly slow, I upgraded when I found driving would get me there faster.
Next was a Luscombe, another Luscombe then a Cessna 170B which I straight traded for a Cessna nice 182 (182 owner wanted floats and my B was seaplane ready.)

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #167  
CONGRATS, Old Red!! I got my ticket on March 18, 2001. Unfortunately, due to a lot of reasons, I haven't flown since October of 2008.

I started my training at a municipally owned 5000' airport. Finished up at a family owned 2300' grass strip. Did my night training over at the municipal airport, but landed back AT NIGHT at the grass strip. They put 4 kerosene lanterns at the threshold and then another 3 or 4 lanterns spaced along each side of the runway. That was pretty wild, landing like that!!

/ Any Pilots On Here??
Been a while since I started this thread but I want to keep it going...it was a great thread for me with lots of participation from many pilots on TBN.

I have right at 175 hours now and finished my check ride in October. I bought that 50 year old 182 that you can see earlier in this thread. I flew her many places. We went to Disney World over Thanksgiving, the Great Smokie Mountains several times, UK football and basketball games. It was great fun. But this plane was lacking in something I wanted very badly. And that was to go fast. So fast forward to March 5th 2019 and I flew this new to me bird home! I sold the 182 for what I paid for it and now have this little gem. This little guy will take us to the panhandle for a weekend trip in like a little over 2 hours...we did this Saturday. He also took me back to Disney over spring break. Anyway, lots of adventures and my tractors and farm are getting jealous because I have been spending so much time flying.

Have my first instrument lesson tomorrow. 2019-02-28 11.12.53.jpg

Attachments

• 2019-03-05 17.03.10.jpg
    2019-03-05 17.03.10.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 103
   / Any Pilots On Here?? #170  
Unless it's a turbo, isn't the Cirrus only about 10 knots faster than the 182??