Any Pilots On Here??

/ Any Pilots On Here??
Been a while since I started this thread. I am at 48 hours now. About to start my check ride prep, and bought a plane last night. Learning to fly has been fun, but it has had a share of frustrations as well. I'm looking forward to continuing to learn and become a proficient pilot. I will start on my IFR training after I get a little more time under my belt.

I have flown into Nashville (with my CFI) and to be honest, I didn't really have to make many decisions. The provided the vectors and I followed them. Anyway.... overall it has been great learning a new skill.

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #142  
Been a while since I started this thread. I am at 48 hours now. About to start my check ride prep, and bought a plane last night. Learning to fly has been fun, but it has had a share of frustrations as well. I'm looking forward to continuing to learn and become a proficient pilot. I will start on my IFR training after I get a little more time under my belt.

I have flown into Nashville (with my CFI) and to be honest, I didn't really have to make many decisions. The provided the vectors and I followed them. Anyway.... overall it has been great learning a new skill.

What did you buy?

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #145  
Congrats, OldRed!!

Post a couple of pics of the 182! That's a nice plane - could load carrying capability and good speed. You should get a lot of use out of it.

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #146  
Drool.

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #148  
Nice, 182 is a great airplane. I have a Skyhawk and fly all over the place with it. I’m retired now so I will fly to the Midwest, stay a day or two, then fly back to Maine. Even wrote a children’s book about the adventures called “The Magic of Flying With Grandpa” available on Amazon. Cute story. It almost seems like a lot of kids just don’t like aviation like they did years ago.

/ Any Pilots On Here?? #149  
Former C182 here also. Nice bird, got mine in an even trade for my C170B as the B had factory float kit.
Mine was a former military liaison bird and therefor 24 volts and possibly the only one of that vintage. An F model and had long range tanks, flap gap kit and fowler leading edge.
Was the first model with rear windows , '55 I seem to recall.
We flew it all over Canada and the US racking up piles of hours.
It, (not I) was full IFR (all King) and had signal axis AP.
But back then I was a multi brand avionics shop and was well into custom mods for clients.

Using a voltage converter I managed to adapt a single axis AP to help me handle the bird.
Every mod was fully approved as that was my shop specialty back then.

You make me drool talking of aviating as it was in my blood and there still is that itch that gets real bad every spring.*
But things sure have changed. It used to be that any nice day there would be as many as 50 planes fly overheat here at my home north of Montreal but nowadays I hear maybe one a week, but I still can identify the models by the engine sound.

Happy aviating, it sure is a very rewarding and enjoyable hobby.

*Wife said pilots were like dogs as they always got horny come spring, LOL. (we are in snow belt country)

/ Any Pilots On Here??
Here she is..... IMG_1918.jpeg