Any lottery winners here?

/ Any lottery winners here? #1  

sld

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1210 / Ford 1710
I buy a few dollars of tickets each week. Most I have won is 100 bucks, twice.

Any TBN'ers win any big money?

/ Any lottery winners here? #2  
I got one number on the mega zillions the other day.... didn't even get my dollar back. :laughing:

/ Any lottery winners here? #3  
I won $4 last Sat..

/ Any lottery winners here? #4  
I got one number on the mega zillions the other day.... didn't even get my dollar back. :laughing:

Steve Landsburg posted this on the 13th (MegaOdds at Steven Landsburg | The Big Questions: Tackling the Problems of Philosophy with Ideas from Mathematics, Economics, and Physics).

"In case you're thinking of running out for a MegaMillions lottery ticket in the few hours left before tonight's drawing: If you drive one mile to buy your ticket, your chance of being involved in a fatal accident on the way is about 8 times as great as your chance of winning the jackpot."

My favorite comment on his post: "I'd better buy at least eight tickets then.":laughing:

Steve

Last edited:
   / Any lottery winners here? #5  
No... I know basic math.

mark

/ Any lottery winners here? #6  
With all the mega million sold for tonight's drawing. They said that only 70% of the combinations have been sold.

/ Any lottery winners here? #7  
Nope..still working for living.

/ Any lottery winners here? #8  
I've won up to 10 bucks on occasion...
I'm an occasional lottery player...I'll buy tickets only when the winning pay off is more then $100 Million (but not every week no matter what the payoff is).
Although I realize the odds are astronomically small, it is nice to fantasize for a day or two...and, someone will win sooner or later, so why not?

/ Any lottery winners here? #9  
Won a grand a few times but still in the hole big time but enjoy playing

/ Any lottery winners here? #10  
Nope. Never won more than two bucks.

On the news they said the odds for Mega Millions are 1:259 million to get all the matching numbers.
The odds of winning with no ticket are 1:infinity.

Once in awhile I'll buy a ticket, I haven't this time. Waiting for the big jackpot. :laughing: