Any JD sickle bar owners here??

/ Any JD sickle bar owners here?? #1  

outdoorstom

Tractor
Kubota L5240
I posted this in the "attachments" area too, but thought I might have better luck here since this is a Kubota specific question. I have found a JD #39 sickle mower to buy, but want to make sure it will fit my L5240 before driving the hour and a half to get it. Does anyone know for sure, one way or the other? Thanks!

/ Any JD sickle bar owners here?? #2  
Most sickle mowers are cat 1 hitch systems so you should be fine. Length of PTO shaft might not be right but most dealers can cut you new length shafts within a reasonable time and at a fair price.

I'm not sure of how that mower is equipped but I sure do like the belt drives instead of the older wooden pitmans that break when hitting something solid.

/ Any JD sickle bar owners here??
art said:
Most sickle mowers are cat 1 hitch systems so you should be fine. Length of PTO shaft might not be right but most dealers can cut you new length shafts within a reasonable time and at a fair price.

I'm not sure of how that mower is equipped but I sure do like the belt drives instead of the older wooden pitmans that break when hitting something solid.

Thanks for the response Art. This is a Cat II hitch. I plan on calling my dealer today and asking him if this will work. I'm hopeful since I've been having a hard time finding a mower in this area.:(

/ Any JD sickle bar owners here?? #4  
I have a JD #39. I don't know, I think you asked in another forum the difference between a couple models with "N" or somthing.

I use mine on a Montana 4340C I have no hook up issues or PTO issues, it is both belt and Pittman stick, carefull with the pittman it can break easily!

I really like mine and believe you will too. I think you said $300.00? That seems to be fair enough!

/ Any JD sickle bar owners here??
blueriver said:
I have a JD #39. I don't know, I think you asked in another forum the difference between a couple models with "N" or somthing.

I use mine on a Montana 4340C I have no hook up issues or PTO issues, it is both belt and Pittman stick, carefull with the pittman it can break easily!

I really like mine and believe you will too. I think you said $300.00? That seems to be fair enough!

Yes, I read about the "N" & "W" differences, so I wondered if they came into play here. I spoke with my dealer today and he thinks it will work. I plan on picking it up Sunday. Worse case, if it doesn't fit I'll sell it.

/ Any JD sickle bar owners here?? #6  
outdoorstom said:
Yes, I read about the "N" & "W" differences, so I wondered if they came into play here. I spoke with my dealer today and he thinks it will work. I plan on picking it up Sunday. Worse case, if it doesn't fit I'll sell it.

Mine use's the the top link as well as the lift arms. However it is a little different than most 3 pt hook ups. If I can describe it, when you back to it your lift arms go over top of a frame to the point where you put in the pins, then there is a u type bracket that goes threw a plate and around the lift arms, one on each side. Works fine!!