Antique tractor show pics

/ Antique tractor show pics #2  
Thanks for posting s/show(pics) !
Next best thing than going there. :thumbsup:
Really enjoyed it.

Boone

/ Antique tractor show pics #3  
Great photos. Antique tractor shows are always fun and interesting to attend.

/ Antique tractor show pics #4  
My dad started farming with an Allis-Chalmers WC and a John Deer B crawler. When he bought a bigger farm he went to a Ford (620? 650?) for a couple years, then he traded it for an Allis-Chalmers D17. Later he upgraded to a 175, which was a diesel. I mowed about 5 acres with the 175 last weekend.

The first farm I worked on used a Massey-Ferguson 35, which was my first "modern" tractor. They also had an Allis Chalmers G(?) which was a dinky little thing with weird hyraulics that wouldn't do much.

The next farm I worked on used a John Deere A, a Farmall M, and a couple Farmall cubs for cultivating. I spent a lot of hours on all of them. The John Deere was the first tractor I drove that drove me to ear plugs.

I had an uncle that used an Oliver, I briefly ran an International TD-6 crawler, and have spent brief times on Ford 8n and 9n tractors.

I guess all of those tractors are antiques by modern standards. I don't know of anyone who is actually farming with them today. They paid off a lot of mortgages, though.

/ Antique tractor show pics #5  
Thanks for sharing, Jay. We also went to a nearby antique equipment show this weekend... similarly hot weather. Didn't think to bring the camera, but met lots of nice folks and saw interesting old stuff. Many of the campers bring stuff to sell or swap, so it's a tractor show/flea market. Walking through the campgrounds is almost as much fun as looking at the tractors.

/ Antique tractor show pics #6  
They paid off a lot of mortgages, though.

That's why I like old iron so much I think. They've paid their dues, but still willing to work.

Thanks for the great show!:thumbsup: