Another question on Quick Connect Compatibility

/ Another question on Quick Connect Compatibility #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
I have a Kubota MX5100 with Faster HNV quick connects on the Power Beyond port for the backhoe. These HNV are supposed to be ISO 7241-B series. The male connector has a nipple, not a ball valve. Should I be concerned about compatibility if I get some other brand of connector, such as Parker 60? The point of an ISO spec is to ensure compatibility, but I remember seeing some posts where it appeared there might be tolerance issues.

I found some Series-B on discounthydraulichose.com that appear to look like the Faser HNV connectors, the only downside to trying them is the shipping cost is $17 for a $20 set of valves.

Thanks in advance for any help...

/ Another question on Quick Connect Compatibility #2  
Parker 60 Series couplings comply with ISO 7241 Series B Standard according to the Parker Spec Sheet. http://www.mrostop.com/pdfs/gen_purpose_qc.pdf
I am 99.9% positive even though I have not referenced the spec sheet that HNV's are 7241 B compliant.
I have a mixture of Faster HNV and Parker 60 QD and have no problem at all.

FASTER Crossover Guide - Hofmann Fluid Power, Inc.
is a good crossover guide tool.

Shipping costs can eat your lunch. If you are only going for a single QD might be better to buy local.

I personally prefer the "poppet" style QD over the "ball" design. Many say they leak less and I think I find they are less troublesome in general.

Make certain that you know the thread type you are looking for as some tractor manufacturers stay straight ORB and some use a lot of NPT. You do not want to buy the QD for what you don't have and then have to go buy a conversion fitting as well. The exception to this might be if your hoses are NPT, I might get a NPT to ORB fitting and never remove the NPT once it is on. They can be temperamental if you remove them and do not carefully clean the threads before re-installation, resulting in hydraulic leaks.

I AVOID NPT if there is anyway possible!!!!!