Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread #31  
1466058931383.jpg

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread
Thank you so much for these flow charts! I didn't get any notifications about these posts so I just got them now.

I got my problem sorted out today! After much troubleshooting it turned out being the stroke valve on the main pump. All I did was remove it completely then inspect and reinstall. After that, everything came back to life. I am getting 1700 psi at its current adjustment but I want to drain and flush it tomorrow then I'll put the gauge back on it and adjust it the rest of the way.

I didn't find anything obvious when I removed it. I just looked it over and put it back in.

I'm still glad I went through everything else though. I learned so much!!

Thanks to all who commented! Thanks especially to Jim who gave me several very specific things to check and ultimately the suggested inspection that led to a massive smile on my face!

Great community here. Thank you all very much!

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread #36  
You're welcome & I'm glad you're making progress. Before too much time passes adjust the stand-by pressure to factory spec's of 2250 psi.

I intend to get it done today. :)

I am ordering a new adjustment screw and jam nut (actually the entire stroke control valve). The one installed is seized so I am unable to adjust above 1500/1600 psi. Also, it is making a constant squeaking noise unless the hydraulics are in use. As soon as I stop Hyd actuation of the loader, it makes a constant noise right out of the main pump. I can even feel the resonance from the noise on the lines coming off the pump. The pump got very very hot after running it for a while also.

I noticed while driving around that whenever I push in the clutch the noise goes away completely.

I also want to replace the small main pump filter pictured below. The info I have does give me a good part number. Any thoughts?

IMG_8865.JPG

IMG_8861.JPG

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread #39  
I couldn't determine if you knew filter PN but here it is. AL71020 FILTER-SERVICE KIT ADD 35.89 USD If your tractor was mine I install a magnet inside trans sump screen. Report back on pump noise after you install new stroke control valve.

Thank you!