Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread
Thank you for the SCV explanation.

So today I finally hooked up the pressure gauge directly to the main pump. The pressure was zero (see vid below).

JD 2155 Standby pressure test - YouTube

Then, I disconnected the drive shaft to the pump, on the back side of the shaft (not where it couples to the pump). I get a clicking noise inside the pump when I turn it by hand. Sounds to me like a pump issue maybe? Is this noise normal (I doubt it)?

JD 2155 main hyd pump clicking - YouTube

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread #22  
Are you turning the shaft a little for and back ? Looks like it !Uncopple thick steelpipe and see if oil come uit when you start the engine ? Looks like no supply to mainpump . Test at testports in r- side of shiftcover .

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread
Are you turning the shaft a little for and back ? Looks like it !Uncopple thick steelpipe and see if oil come uit when you start the engine ? Looks like no supply to mainpump . Test at testports in r- side of shiftcover .

I was just turning it back and forth (left and right) to make the clicking noise. Also, there feels like no resistance whatsoever when doing that.

In post #9 I mentioned that I get oil flow rather quickly when I loosen up one of the hose clamps to the supply lines that go to the reservoir above the main pump. With the tractor idling, I don't have to loosen that clamp much at all for oil to start spewing out of it.

Do you have a diagram of the transmission pump test ports? I'll look in my manual also...

As I said though, it sure is a steady flow of fluid when I loosen clamps off any of those lines.

Thank you very much for the reply!

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread #24  
I replied to your PM. Test port for trans pump pressure is on trans shifter cover. What type hyd valve controls loader & how is valve plumbed to tractor hyd's?

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread #25  
I have a John Deere 2155 also. The Mannheim Germany tractors such as the 2155 are great tractors but they can be problem child's when hydraulic issues pop up. The front hydraulic pump is supplied by the transmission pump. Rarely does the front pump ever go bad. Typically if it chatters it is because the supply to it is not keeping up. It possible could be the transmission pump or a restriction to the front pump. Not sure what options your tractor has but I know there is metal lines internally on these and older Mannheim German tractors that is known for cracking that will cause hydraulic failure. I want to say this setup was used on the two speed and Independent PTO option tractors. TX Jim knows his stuff when it comes to Deere machines. If you found stuff on the pickup screen and it was brown I bet it is the brake pads coming apart. Typically this is due to cheap hydraulic oil. These systems are very picky about what hydraulic oil you use. Only use Deere hydraulic fluid or a high quality hydraulic fluid that meets deere specs.

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread #26  
Nice looking 2155 by the way. Yours looks to be a late model.

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread #27  
1466058075144.jpg

/ Another JD 2155 Hydro Thread #28  
Testports for testing transmitionpump pressure..front one ...rear one is oilpressure going to the mainpump...see if there is any pressure ?