Another discussion area?

/ Another discussion area? #21  
glenmac,

I was having the same problem before with the new messages not purging. But I found out that after you get into a discussion area and are done don't use the back button instead click on "main index" on the menu up top. Hope this was what you are talking about.

Derek

/ Another discussion area? #22  
Derek, If that is the case, then a logical extension of that process would be another 'Main Index' button on the bottom of the page so that you would not have to scroll to the top of the page....which is wasted time and motion.

/ Another discussion area?
Scruffy - I agree that another 'Main Index' button at the bottom of the page would be nice, but in the meantime, try hitting your "Home" button. That should take you to the top of the page in one swell foop. Likewise, the "End" button should take you straight to the bottom of the page to see those new posts.

MarkC

/ Another discussion area? #24  
David, I do the same. I just open the 24 hour or 48 hour (if I have been away for a while) and read them all./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Chuck

/ Another discussion area? #25  
At one time I thought a "Main Index" button was needed at the bottom of the page until I found that all you need to do is click the "Discussions" button.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by roysallis on 10/10/00 08:46 AM.</FONT></P>

/ Another discussion area? #26  
Maybe it makes sense to add a discussion category that deals specifically with tractor safety issues. A lot of the threads I've noticed that may seem out of place seem to deal a lot with safe equipment operation. Tiltmeters, seatbelts, ROPS, hillside operation, and other safety related things aren't brand/color issues yet they seem to show up often under one of the brand forums.

I'm thinking that a safety disucussion category might open up a whole new thought opportunity for many of the users here. It could become a great place for new tractor owners, and experienced users too, to learn to keep safe operation in the fore front.

I have this thing about safe equipment operation. I've seen too many tractor/equipment related injuries due to nothing but pure carelessness on the part of an operator. I just don't think you can ever think or talk about safe operation too much, and it would be great if that could become a "colorless" disucssion opportunity.

That's my 3 or 4 cents worth.

Bob Pence

/ Another discussion area? #27  
I think Bob's suggestion is an excellent one. Chain lifting is another current example. Could be something like: Safety Devices, Safety Precautions & Safe Operation. That would even pick up Gordon's recent Buried the Tractor thread, which probably doesnt really belong in Off Topic or in a brand category.

/ Another discussion area? #28  
Andy,

We're going to try to work the initial x number of characters of a post in once we we-work the 24/48 hour/7 day and 'new since last login' check. Just takes time and work, but I have not forgotten about it.

msig.gif

/ Another discussion area? #29  
Muhammad; As always, you are already ahead of us. Don't know where you find the time to do it all, but we sure do appreciate it.