Andrew Camarata

/ Andrew Camarata #441  
He delivers firewood logs to the firewood guy with his rock truck, which means driving on the highway.

I believe his friend is just at the end of the driveway, not down any public roads. I'm guessing, but his friend (who has been off and on in Andrew's videos forever) is likely the one who turned Andrew on to buy the mountain-top real estate.

/ Andrew Camarata #442  
You could be right, the road, where I think his place is, has a place with a bunch of logs .. I’ll have to go back and watch some of the videos with him dumping logs.
I was thinking another firewood processing place not too far away but 8 miles on public roads.

/ Andrew Camarata #443  
You could be right, the road, where I think his place is, has a place with a bunch of logs .. I’ll have to go back and watch some of the videos with him dumping logs.
I was thinking another firewood processing place not too far away but 8 miles on public roads.

Unless NY is different from other states, because of farming, and construction, when the spring thaw axle weight restrictions expire, just about anybody can roll heavy equipment or farm equipment down the road lawfully without a plate. In ND they even allow farmers on the Interstate Highways through Fargo.

/ Andrew Camarata #444  
This is where I think his road goes up the mountain. on bing maps, you can make out a logging road going up as I highlighted in light green. I highlighted red on google toppo map. I'll know when they update the map to show all the clearing he has done. Several landmarks in his videos has lead me to this spot.

Attachments

• camarataMountain.jpg
    camarataMountain.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 231
  • camarataMountainBingmap.jpg
    camarataMountainBingmap.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 206
   / Andrew Camarata #445  
Nailed it, found it in GIS tax info.

Attachments

• camarataMountainNailedit.jpg
    camarataMountainNailedit.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 198
   / Andrew Camarata #446  
   / Andrew Camarata #448  
Has anybody ever tried getting a commercial plate for a loader?

"It's a Hough, pronounced like, 'Puff the Magic Dragon.'"

"It's not in our database, sir."

"Well try looking under 'International.'"

"I found it. What's it weigh?"

"Around 36,000 pounds empty, but upwards to over 60,000 pounds loaded"

"How many axles?"

"Two."

"What year?"

"1979."

"Sir, that's not emissions compliant."

"What emissions? it emits power!"

"Sir, this vehicle isn't compliant with the state-required emissions laws."

"I know, but the smoke, the power, the smell..."

"Sir, you don't understand, you cannot register a commercial vehicle that is not emissions compliant."

"It was emissions compliant in 1979."

Blank stare.

"Can I register my Payloader as an antique?"

This sounds anti-neighborly:

"NYS Vehicle and Traffic Laws say that all horse trailers and cattle trailers used by residents of New York State must be registered with residency in New York State. Any livestock trailer with Maine plates that are being used by New York State residents will be ticketed. Only semitrailers are exempt from this law."

/ Andrew Camarata #449  
You see - then there are folks like me. TBN is the ONLY social media site I ever visit. SO........ I don't have the foggiest idea what ya'll are talking about. And - I don't much care either.

/ Andrew Camarata #450  
Has anybody ever tried getting a commercial plate for a loader?

"It's a Hough, pronounced like, 'Puff the Magic Dragon.'"

"It's not in our database, sir."

"Well try looking under 'International.'"

"I found it. What's it weigh?"

"Around 36,000 pounds empty, but upwards to over 60,000 pounds loaded"

"How many axles?"

"Two."

"What year?"

"1979."

"Sir, that's not emissions compliant."

"What emissions? it emits power!"

"Sir, this vehicle isn't compliant with the state-required emissions laws."

"I know, but the smoke, the power, the smell..."

"Sir, you don't understand, you cannot register a commercial vehicle that is not emissions compliant."

"It was emissions compliant in 1979."

Blank stare.

"Can I register my Payloader as an antique?"
It would be registered as a "Special Commercial Vehicle":
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/insurance-and-registering-a-payloader-in-nys.21223/ said:
But the tricky part is getting it registered at the DMV, you'll need to show proof that the sales tax was paid when you bought it or pay it again @ the DMV. The DMV should then register it as a Special Commercial Vehicle with a transferable registration. Be prepared to supply ownership documentation and make numerous trips to the local DMV office.

This sounds anti-neighborly:

"NYS Vehicle and Traffic Laws say that all horse trailers and cattle trailers used by residents of New York State must be registered with residency in New York State. Any livestock trailer with Maine plates that are being used by New York State residents will be ticketed. Only semitrailers are exempt from this law."
Thats because of how many people are spending $100/5 years to register a trailer that goes on the road a couple of times a year vs spending $100/year for a 10k trailer or $75/year for a 7k trailer.

Aaron Z