Andrew Camarata

/ Andrew Camarata #301  
Those loader tires were slick - maybe not bald or worn out. They did a lot of sliding in the mud. He may just use them and resell the loader when finished. But he keeps adding a lot of older equipment. And dozer tracks were worn slick also. Makes me wonder about the whole undercarriage. But looks like he can't loose with low investment eq if he keeps working on them and trading or selling what he doesn't get fixed. I hated to see him on that sliding shale. With slick tracks.

That was a track loader not a dozer. They have completely different track systems. Here’s a brand new track loader picture. And that’s even pretty aggressive for a track loader. Here’s another one with no grousers. And the 988 is a mining loader. It’s not designed for off-road use and the tires aren’t designed for ground engagement. .
IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG

/ Andrew Camarata #302  
My 420C has "Street Cleats" which are smooth. They're like that so the tracks don't damage pavement or concrete. Pretty easy on grass too if you don't turn too quick. Even so, it pulled my Ford tractor out of a mud hole. The Ford was sunk up to the rear axle.

/ Andrew Camarata #303  
My 420C has "Street Cleats" which are smooth. They're like that so the tracks don't damage pavement or concrete. Pretty easy on grass too if you don't turn too quick. Even so, it pulled my Ford tractor out of a mud hole. The Ford was sunk up to the rear axle.

My buddy had a smallish Komatsu dozer with fairly mean grousers. They were probably 2” tall and it was like 17,000 pounds. I couldn’t believe how easy it was on grass. My tracked skid steer is way worse. The dozer would slide on the grousers and just make little slices in the grass where the skid steer catches on the side of the track and rips up big patches. I suspect the 973 loader I posted a picture of is a steel mill loader intended for moving hot slag. They’re probably the main buyers of track loaders now days. They’re a nearly obsolete tool.

/ Andrew Camarata #304  
My buddy had a smallish Komatsu dozer with fairly mean grousers. They were probably 2” tall and it was like 17,000 pounds. I couldn’t believe how easy it was on grass. My tracked skid steer is way worse. The dozer would slide on the grousers and just make little slices in the grass where the skid steer catches on the side of the track and rips up big patches. I suspect the 973 loader I posted a picture of is a steel mill loader intended for moving hot slag. They’re probably the main buyers of track loaders now days. They’re a nearly obsolete tool.

just make little slices in the grass

Excellent lawn aerator!

/ Andrew Camarata #305  
just make little slices in the grass

Excellent lawn aerator!
Until you go across the same grass a half dozen times.

/ Andrew Camarata #306  
That was a track loader not a dozer. They have completely different track systems. Here’s a brand new track loader picture. And that’s even pretty aggressive for a track loader. Here’s another one with no grousers. And the 988 is a mining loader. It’s not designed for off-road use and the tires aren’t designed for ground engagement. .
Yep, guess I was thinking about his D4. Good to know. thanks.

/ Andrew Camarata #307  
The fate of the little Toyota….

/ Andrew Camarata #308  
It was probably destined for scrap before he ever got it so he might as well have fun with it first.

/ Andrew Camarata #309  
what a testimony to Toyota durability! Poor Yaris
doesn't drive so good any more...
uh yeah

/ Andrew Camarata #310  
I like that he included shots of doing a proper clean up after crushing it. Good dude. Minus all the gasoline, coolant and oil that went into the ground, of course.